Hot tub air lock ?

The conversion chart at the top right of the schematic is for the heater only. Adding a wire (the green one wrapped in masking tape) from Red AC to White AC only allows the heater to be converted to run as a 1Kw heater at 120VAC. If it were wired as a 240VAC system the heater would run at 5.5 KW. If you are going to keep the spa as a 120VAC you will need to change out the pump and THEN move the White wire at W1 from Red AC to White AC. Because it has to be changed anyway I would change it and THEN see if you still have the same issue with flow... or wire it as 240VAC. You will be happier with 240VAC in the long run but it's not always possible. Let us know results

My gut is telling me when you crack the union it releases some of the "Weight" or pressure off the impeller. The under/miss powered pump can't spin up the impeller when under pressure

27 minutes ago, Spauseratl said:

I understand what your saying but....

The green wire u see with tape merges the white and red ac since theres no other hot wire coming in. Thats why the pump gets power whethwr its plugged in the white ac or red ac area.

Yes, and either way you are sending 120v to a motor that needs 240v.