Balboa GL series, Panel ML does not respond.

Robertas

Hello, guys! I have a issue with my Hot Tub.

It was working fine after one day, the panel started not to react  on any buttton that i press. For example, i press any button, and nothing works, only the panel light starts on pressing the button. I thought the problem is with the panel, so ordered  a new one Balboa ML700, the old one was ML551. Changed it, and it was okay for one hour, and same thing happened again. Sometimes it unlags and works normally, but not for long. And sometimes, if i press for example light or jet or other button, it starts to work, but with a delay of 1minute. Mostly it does not work, just panel light turns on. And if i connect and leave it, the circular pump, starts as regulary. Also if i change some DIP switches for example to wrong position, the panel shows that there is a problem with DIP for example CFE A10. But agains freezes (No respond to buttons). All the features works normally, when the panel also works normally. The main board is Balboa GL2000m3. Did anyone had similiar problem? Dont want to buy a mother board, until i know what could be the problem 😕

There are three videos, one will show, that everything sometimes works perfectly, second that sometimes no reaction and third is dip switches and maindboard connections.

I hope somebody could give some solutions!!!! THANK YOU :)
Kindly, Robertas

Ok, i think it was my bad with last video, cause i switched the pin J83(Cfg) so it has disabled the dip switches. now it is working fine with Celcius and amd the blowers. but again, in the same position at it was, and the dips, are in same position... i think it will stop soon again... 😕

What was the issue with the original panel? Does it still work and have you tried using it to test. Did it ever work properly? 

Is this spa new to you? 

Check page 9 "RTC Jumper" J91... is it on one pin or 2? Should be on one pin for the ML700

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Pictures/GL2000%2055048-04_97_A.pdf

On 11/20/2020 at 9:00 AM, Robertas said:

thought the problem is with the panel, so ordered  a new one Balboa ML700, the old one was ML551. Changed it, and it was okay for one hour, and same thing happened again.

If this is accurate then it is the board or incoming power issues. If it were a programming issue or the wrong topside it would not be working one minute and not working the next. The fact that both topsides behave the same is all the proof I need to know it's not the topside, though the same board or power issue could damage every topside you plug in. Check incoming power. If it is good, steady voltage then get a board. Or better yet, a new control system with sensors, heater, and topside. This is usually more bang for your buck, getting you all the parts for much less than it would cost to buy them individually. 

• Like 1

The woltage is 240~, as i understand it is okay and it is connected on one cable. Yes the problem is with both panels. And the problem is the same, with old and new panel. I know, that after some time it will work again normally, for some time...

I will check the jumper again today. But as i remember it is on one pin.

I had this jacuzzi before on two incoming cables before. but after using it for a while, we turned it of, and wanted to turn on again. So when i plug one cable, the second cable starts to have electricity. And when i am pluging the second one, it just blows my fuse, as it feel that electricity is coming back trough it when you touch the cable plug. Thats why i connected it to only one cable system. Does this helps a little to find and idea? 😕

Confirm you have the right incoming power selected and wiring and dip switches correct. Page 7 of the manual posted earlier. I know little about European electrical but I am leaning towards you having an incoming power issues and matching dip switches and Jumper A and B looks like it needs to be installed from what I can see. @RDspaguy any ideas on the A, B jumper?

I can't make out the terminal numbers that they are plugged in to, but it appears correct from what I can see for a single service. If the jumpers are on the wrong terminals it would cause the crossed circuits and tripped breaker as described when it had 2 circuits. And they would have to have been changed when switching to a single circuit. I would say verify the jumper locations.

Also, the voltage to the spa should be steady, not fluctuating. A significant voltage drop or spike, such as when a major appliance in the house comes on or off, could cause all kinds of issues including system resets and damaged electronics. 

@RDspaguy @CanadianSpaTech

I have checked the jumpers, and they are connected now as it shows on the panel sticker. See photo below. But i have also tried as it shown in manual, and as i understand there is not big difference befween j23 and j32. So yes, everything looks connected right. 😕 The Volt shows 234volt. When i turn it on into the socket. And when it starts circulation pump automaticaly, the volt goes to 233,5. So the voltage probably is okay?. 😕

20201128_111930.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...