viking spa 6 dashes

robbieboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, robbieboy said:

right so basically i turned it back on at the switch board and the hot tub fired up and the normal reading come on the display. Must be an electrical fault surely. what you thinking spaguys?

At this point I'd have to say absolutely yes, no, possible but maybe not..and please don't call me surely Babum Ching

43 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

He's saying your spa is one confusing SOB. I agree.

Usually when spas go boom, they stop working, not start. It may be a fuse, my money is on the heater and board. I think we have reached that point. Does your spa have one jet pump or 2?

It is a SOB I think because its such an old SOB. It has just the one jet pump but it has 2 speeds

40 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

He's saying your spa is one confusing SOB. I agree.

Usually when spas go boom, they stop working, not start. It may be a fuse, my money is on the heater and board. I think we have reached that point. Does your spa have one jet pump or 2?

NoNonnoooooooo not back to the beginning. It's working leave it alone. If it fails again replace everything

1 hour ago, robbieboy said:

SO what are u actually saying babum ching?

Leslie Neilson Quote from Airplane just trying to add some humor

59 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

NoNonnoooooooo not back to the beginning. It's working leave it alone. If it fails again replace everything

Leslie Neilson Quote from Airplane just trying to add some humor

lol I am familiar with the quote. so just cleaned it all out again started filling it up. switched it on and was happy days for  few minutes then suddenly it stops and same dashes on the display. bottom line is i need a new board dont i. god damn!!!!!

Picked a hell of a day to stop sniffing glue! (Another airplane quote, I don't sniff glue unless I am at work.)

I, again, would get a pack. You can buy a board and heater, maybe get it installed and wired right after a few days of back-and-forth on the forum, and get a 3 month warranty. Or you can spend a couple hudred more and get new everything with a 3 year warranty. Hook it up and connect 4 wires. Plug in the equipment. Set the switches. It is really a no-brainer as far as I am concerned. We still don't know what went boom. I guess it wasn't the pump capacitor since it ran afterwards. But if spa repair is your hobby, by all means do it piecemeal. 

What do you say, Canadaguy? Think our new friend can change an element without twisting the terminal and still keep it straight in the tube? Or should he get the complete assembly for a diy? Board about $220, heater assembly $100, $320 for that. New vs500 about $360 without topside?