viking spa 6 dashes

robbieboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the pump doesn't turn on at all but when i open up the main brain there re more sockets to plug the pump plug into and if i take it out from its existing slot and place it in an other then the pump permanently turns on but the display still reads the same error code.

Unplug the cable from the topside control and turn on power. See if it starts automated functions. If not, plug back in and unplug and switch around the two sensors. See if it starts up. If you have an electrical tester, take an ohm reading from the two sensors, they should be close to the same.

13 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

I see it's a Balboa topside but do you know what series control system is in it? BP, VS,EL

Try This perhaps: https://support.canadianspacompany.com/en/support/solutions/articles/6000220103-how-to-reset-the-sensors-in-a-balboa-bp501-control-system

Thanks for your help. I have followed that link and it suggested reseting the heater sensors by unplugging them then plugging them back in which i have done and still get the same message on the display unit. I have enclosed a picture to show what heater it is. Let me know if u need more pics. Thanks

hotubb.jpg

27 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Is there an echo in here...Hello hello hello hello 

2 minutes and always 2 weeks behind

Think I'll go walk my cat and let you catch up

lol Ive walked my cat 8 times today already to stop me from burying the family in the garden.Yeah I didnt spot that to be honest i have taken the board off and to be honest it doesnt seem damaged. Or u think i simply need a new board now?

thumbnail_image0 (2).jpg

thumbnail_image4.jpg

It's damaged. But that is not the cause of your current issue. It may help you decide on a solution, though. You will be needing a new board, or at least a work around fix, and heater if it has not been replaced already. That alone is enough for me to recommend a new pack. It will clear up whatever your other issue is as well. You can do the board and heater element for less, but the pack also comes with new sensors, controller, and that new pack warranty. There are cheaper controls to be had, but I am personally a fan of Balboa. Canadaguy is patriotic, so probably likes the Canadian made Gecko... also a good option. For cheap, I use the apollo system. It is a bit more cumbersome to set up, but I have had good results with it so far. All will be a fairly easy install, of course the balboa will be easiest because that is what you have now.

What do you think, Canadaguy? Do we fix it or replace it? We could bypass the terminal and go back to the relay with a wire jumper, put in an element, and continue to troubleshoot the dashes. But there are alot of ifs involded there. New pack solves it all.

19 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

It's damaged. But that is not the cause of your current issue. It may help you decide on a solution, though. You will be needing a new board, or at least a work around fix, and heater if it has not been replaced already. That alone is enough for me to recommend a new pack. It will clear up whatever your other issue is as well. You can do the board and heater element for less, but the pack also comes with new sensors, controller, and that new pack warranty. There are cheaper controls to be had, but I am personally a fan of Balboa. Canadaguy is patriotic, so probably likes the Canadian made Gecko... also a good option. For cheap, I use the apollo system. It is a bit more cumbersome to set up, but I have had good results with it so far. All will be a fairly easy install, of course the balboa will be easiest because that is what you have now.

What do you think, Canadaguy? Do we fix it or replace it? We could bypass the terminal and go back to the relay with a wire jumper, put in an element, and continue to troubleshoot the dashes. But there are alot of ifs involded there. New pack solves it all.

Wow sounds like you really know your stuff.Sounds to me you are right i will need a " new pack". but the question is how much are we talking? and how do i go about getting the right one that will guarentee to work. If there is a way to by pass something then im up for trying that first. 

Thanks Rob

I was talking about bypassing the burned terminal on your board. It will not solve your current problem, which has no relation to the heater terminal. New packs run from $3xx to $6xx for what you need.

Do you have a multimeter? With power off, disconnect the sensors from the board and take an ohm reading on both sensors.

ah I see. Let me just state I havent a clue when it comes to hot tub or circuit boards and sensors.U say my problem has nothing to do with the heater terminal? any idea what it could be then?

also these packs you talk of do you know a place where i can get one online?

Thanks

40 minutes ago, robbieboy said:

ah I see. Let me just state I havent a clue when it comes to hot tub or circuit boards and sensors.U say my problem has nothing to do with the heater terminal? any idea what it could be then?

also these packs you talk of do you know a place where i can get one online?

Thanks

If you can't test the sensor set you could buy 2 new ones and try it that way but you won't know if it's going to work to fix your problem.

On closer inspection, the relays on this board do not have access so we can't bypass the heater terminal. You likely have a bad heater as well. And an as yet unresolved control issue. I'd say, get the pack if it's an option.

On the top left of the board is a white sticker with a serial number, I can't read it. What is that number? 

22 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

On closer inspection, the relays on this board do not have access so we can't bypass the heater terminal. You likely have a bad heater as well. And an as yet unresolved control issue. I'd say, get the pack if it's an option.

On the top left of the board is a white sticker with a serial number, I can't read it. What is that number? 

Yeah I think it would be best to get a new board or even a reconditioned one. Thanks for your help

SERIAL NUMBER.jpg

Just replacing the board might not fix your problem if it is a sensor issue. If you can't test the sensors yourself take them into your local hardware store and ask them to test them for you. I'm sure they will know how to work a multi meter for testing.

Rd is saying replace the entire spa pack...New board. heater, sensors