Watkins No Fault Heater built in pressure switch failure

viperdoug

Recently acquired a 2012 Hot Spring Spa Jetsetter JJ hot tub. I’m connected to 230v power now. The tub heated up fine at first. In order to plug some leaks I ran 4 ounces of Marlig Spa Sealer thru. I let the tub run until it tripped off, about 3 hours.  Well, after draining and refilling the tub, it won’t heat at all. After much testing, I realized the built in pressure switch on the Watkins No Fault 6kw heating element is bad. If I use a jumper on the circuit board I can get the tub to heat, red light on circuit board turns on. I did replace the two removable sensors on the heater with brand new ones. It’s my understanding that the internal pressure switch in the heater is not serviceable. I really don’t want to spend $400 on a heater. What dangers are there if I just keep my pressure switch jumper in place? If I make sure the tub always has water and the filters are clean, will I be ok? Thanks. 

• 6 months later...