Caldera niagra electric shocks

My caldera niagra hot tub ran without issue for about 10 years. I have a GFCI sub panel with a breaker for pumps and a breaker for heat. One day my kids noticed a slight buzzing tingle feeling when in the water and touching someone outside the water (ground path I assume). When they showed me I freaked like Sherrif Brody “everybody out of the water”.  It was a minor “nine volt battery on the tongue” type tingle and the breakers did not trip.  

I emptied the water and shut it down in hopes to repair it.  I unfortunately did not see if it was caused by the pump circuits or the heater circuit but I suppose I still can if I fill it, except I don’t want to actually stick my hand in the water to test.  

Anyway the first thing I noticed was the ozoneator tubing from the ozone to the water line was rotted away at the ozone box.  It resembled that of like copper oxidation with a crumbly blueish color.  Could this be it?  

So what’s my best direction to go?  Shotgun parts?  Hiring electrician? Buy new hot tub?  Any all all recommendations welcome. Thanks

steve 

I would start with an electrician or hot tub service tech.  I am not either, but my guess would be heater or loose connection somewhere.  Obviously if you can afford to and want a new hot tub, then that is always an option but assuming you like the Niagara, you are looking at around $12k+ to replace.  

If you get a tingle when you step on the ground, current is leaking from a component into the water.  Does the TEST button on the GFCI work?  I'd be concerned with a hot tub that produced a tingle without causing the GFCI to trip.  I'd start with an electrician checking that out.

I wouldn't let my children get near that tub until you found the cause of the problem and get it fixed.  Today's tingle may be tomorrow's electrocution.

Dave