Topside or main board issue?

los93sol

I have a 2015 Bullfrog X7 that is doing something very strange.  The topside is a Bullfrog branded Balboa VL406T and the main board is a Bullfrog branded Balboa VS500Z (Bullfrog's part number is BFVS501).  Immediately upon powering the tub the topside backlight is on and the display reads "18.88" which appears to be all segments lit, it remains in this state indefinitely.  None of the buttons on the topside are working at all.  The circulation pump also never comes on and the normal self test that turns the pumps on is not happening.  Has anyone ever seen this state on a topside before?  Local dealers and all of the internet so far has turned up nothing.

I have tried disconnecting the topside and power cycling the tub but still nothing happens, the tub just sits there doing nothing.  Should the tub still run the circulation pump even if no topside is connected?

Any suggestions on what to test or look for?

• 3 years later...

There are two RJ45 ports on the main board to plug your topside controller into, perhaps try the other one?

If that's no good turn off the power unplug the topside and plug in the power. I think you should get the usual startup sequence. 5 min priming followed by the pump running to check the temp.

You could use a multimeter on the topside and/or RJ45 ports too to check for shorts.

• Like 1