Not Sure Which One To Buy;costco Or Old Jetsetter?

jrd71265

Hi: I'm new to posting, but every Spring I pull out my spa files and now I'm ready to buy. I have a small area and the spa is just for me and maybe one or two others. I have made a chart to compare the Sundance Capri, Hot Springs Jetsetter, Costco Infinty Columbia, Ebay Monaco, and a few others. I really like the Costco Columbia features and it's in my price range. I only want to spend approx $3,500. The Sundance Capri is my ideal, but way out of my price range and so is the Jetsetter. I called a dealer this week and he has a 2003 Hot Springs Jetsetter for $3,500, including delivery and set up and a 90 day warranty. I've tested the pressure of the jets, it's okay, not the best but I could live with it.

I really want a small spa with a lot of pressure. I noticed the Costco one had a 6 HP GE Pump compared to the Jetsetter 1.65 HP pump. Does this mean that the Costco one is stronger? (be easy on me please) It also has a 4kw heater.

I've heard about the "no on-hands" service issues, but I also heard that they have technicians in the area. I will call tomorrow to make sure.

Okay, so is it the 2003 Jetsetter or the Costco Infinity Columbia. The pressure of the jets is most important to me.

Thanks, I would really appreciate any advice.

I really want a small spa with a lot of pressure. I noticed the Costco one had a 6 HP GE Pump compared to the Jetsetter 1.65 HP pump. Does this mean that the Costco one is stronger? (be easy on me please) It also has a 4kw heater.

One is statint the continuos HP, or running HP. The other is stating brake (BHP), or starting HP. That 6.0 HP pump would be about 3.0 if they rated in continuous HP (which is all you care about). Its a shame they do that but you really want to compare 3.0 HP (I'm estimating on that) and its jets vs 1.65 HP and its jets. I'm giving no opinion as to which has better feeling jets, I just never like it when people get duped by that BHP rating.

Here's the rub, you can't wet test the Costco. :angry:

Sure, folks who own one can tell you if they like it or not, just as jetsetter owners can. but the bottom line, this is soley an individual feel.

And just to confuse you more, There have been some posts that Nordic has some tubs that may also be in your price range.

I just looked at the spa you were talking on the Costco website...

2 things to think about.

I would ignore the "Award of Excellence", these are usually payed for.

IMO it is a mistake buying a tub with a lounger you can't wet test. I'm not sure if you've used a tub with a lounger or not but one size doesn't fit all. You can float or it can be uncomfortable. If you didn't like your lounger, thats half your tub wasted.

Good Luck with what ever you decide.

I just looked at the spa you were talking on the Costco website...

2 things to think about.

I would ignore the "Award of Excellence", these are usually payed for.

IMO it is a mistake buying a tub with a lounger you can't wet test. I'm not sure if you've used a tub with a lounger or not but one size doesn't fit all. You can float or it can be uncomfortable. If you didn't like your lounger, thats half your tub wasted.

Good Luck with what ever you decide.

Have you considered the Solana TX ? - made by Hot Springs

2007 Solana TX Spa Specifications

Seating Capacity 2 adults

Dimensions 5'7" x 5'7" x 29" h (1.7m x 1.7m x .74m h)

Water Capacity 130 gallons/492 litres

Weight 324 lbs/147 kg dry; 1,714 lbs/777 kg filled*

Spa Shell Pearl or Sand

Endurol® Spa Exterior Crème

Underwater Light Dimmable Blue LED Light

Splendors™ multi-color LED light is optional

Jets (10 total) 1 Moto-Massage® Jet

1 Rotary Hydromassage Jet

8 Directional Precision® Jets

Jet Pump Wavemaster® 4000

Continuous Duty 1.0 HP

Breakdown Torque 2.0 HP

Control System IQ 2020™ 115v**/15 amp (115v/30 amp optional***)

G.F.C.I. Protected Yes

Heater No-Fault®

Effective Filter Area 30 sq. ft.

Water Care Option FreshWater® III Ozone

Fully Foamed Insulation Included

Floor Drain Included

Vinyl Cover

(ASTM rated) Pearl or Rust

(3" to 2" tapered, 2lb density foam core, UL classified)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi: I'm new to posting, but every Spring I pull out my spa files and now I'm ready to buy. I have a small area and the spa is just for me and maybe one or two others. I have made a chart to compare the Sundance Capri, Hot Springs Jetsetter, Costco Infinty Columbia, Ebay Monaco, and a few others. I really like the Costco Columbia features and it's in my price range. I only want to spend approx $3,500. The Sundance Capri is my ideal, but way out of my price range and so is the Jetsetter. I called a dealer this week and he has a 2003 Hot Springs Jetsetter for $3,500, including delivery and set up and a 90 day warranty. I've tested the pressure of the jets, it's okay, not the best but I could live with it.

I've heard about the "no on-hands" service issues, but I also heard that they have technicians in the area. I will call tomorrow to make sure.

Okay, so is it the 2003 Jetsetter or the Costco Infinity Columbia. The pressure of the jets is most important to me.

Thanks, I would really appreciate any advice.

Two things to think about it's not all just about pump HP. Spatech explained the difference well between the Breakdown HP vs. continuous duty. The jetsetter has the exact same pump in it as the older HS soverign model spa a much bigger spa. IMO it has fantastic jet pressure. The Costco spa is not going to have a very good warranty but if it is what you like then go for it. Why does the dealer have the 2003 jetsetter ask him that. Make your own choices but you would be getting a lightly used top rated spa vs. a newer middle of the road to poor spa.

The Costco return policy kicks butt over any H.S. springs dealer period! However, this old game of no service is crap. H.S. will service your spa from Costco and also be alot less expensive to purchase. Look at them both closely then decide. Go on facts not just a salesmans hype.

• 6 months later...

Wow this is the same hot tub as the Costco Columbia by Infinity Spas

you can wet test at the factory in Tn!

Online they have a few dealers, here is a pretty inexpensive model just like the columbia

http://www.spaaas.com/coral-sea-lynx-3-per...t-tub-p-30.html

I also agree that wet testing is important, if you are concerned about pressure this is your best testing method. This spa features a 6 HP pump

jrd, you say you want alot of pressure. What's spas have you wet tested that make you say this? Do you want more therapy on spot of your body over another? Jet placement and type of jet will make a big difference in this. I set out seeking alot of pressure too, I've always like hard massages. After wet testing, I found that I did NOT want alot of pressure. I couldn't have been more shocked. So do some wet testing to help you figure out exactly what you want. HP of pumps alone does not determine the therapy. How it's plumbed, how many jets the pump controls, diverters, the type and placement of jets, all matter. If you've been waiting for years, you deserve to get exactly what you want.

Ebeing please stop using this site to try and push your product...I appreciate you trying to make more sales off your site, but you never offer any non-biased advice, just advice to buy a spa off your site.

I would rather buy a used Jaguar then a new Kia....The Jetsetter uses that pump because it can run off 110...remember you will be spending probably around 500 on a 220 electrical hook up...add that to Costco that you wouldnt have to add to hot springs. Jetsetter also only has like 12 jets so the pressure actually isnt too bad.

Get the better spa (Jetsetter) Or try to find a used Capri. Its hillarious that people are always trying to make people who buy nice things or high quality products other people always say "Oh you spent too much"...guess what...you may have spent more then them.

I spent 5200 on my 65' TV. Now my buddy is a manager at a local electronics store and I like nicer high quality items that I want to preform better and last longer. Now I got one of the highest end TVs he carried that would usually sell for about 7500, plus got a free extended warranty and felt great about my purchase (watching NFLHD right now)...my buddies started in on my that Costco this and Sams Club that and I spent too much that I started feeling like I spent too much money. I did online research and found the cheapest I could find my TV online or anywhere (Costco and Sams Club doesnt offer the higher end of TVs so didnt offer it) was 5500 with no extended warranty and I had to pay for shipping...now I love my TV and have had no problems in over a year now and it has the best picture I have seen...but everyone was right, I could have gotten something cheaper that sounded the same. But I didnt because you have to pay for quality...and all those people who tried to make me feel bad were just hating on me because they couldnt afford a nicer product themselves so they tried to belittle my product.

Also, look at high end watches...you will see Costco sells them for more then online sites and about the same as the local guys...maybe the BILLIONS in overhead expenses mean they do have to make money on these products...thats odd.

Infiniti is just the cheapest spa Costco could find because their only sales pitch is price.

Wow this is the same hot tub as the Costco Columbia by Infinity Spas

you can wet test at the factory in Tn!

I also agree that wet testing is important, if you are concerned about pressure this is your best testing method. This spa features a 6 HP pump

#1- please don't help spread deceptive/misleading information, that is joke to call it a 6 HP pump when it REALLY is a 6 BHP pump or a 3 HP pump when rated in Continuous HP which is what a reputable spa maker would use to describe it and the way it should be presented to a spa shopper.

#2- you are resurrecting a 6 month old post for what reason exactly? Oh yeah, so you can post your link.

• 1 month later...

The costco columbia is made by Infinity Spas in TN. They use quality components and all of my customers have been happy with them. I have been asked to no longer post links to my site and I will happily comply.

Here is a link the Infinity Spas website, the manufacture behind the costco brand.

www infinityspas net

This spa has a 6hp pump , I have seen them carry both GE and Aquaflo pumps.

I hope this helps!

Joseph

The costco columbia is made by Infinity Spas in TN. They use quality components and all of my customers have been happy with them. I have been asked to no longer post links to my site and I will happily comply.

Here is a link the Infinity Spas website, the manufacture behind the costco brand.

www infinityspas net

This spa has a 6hp pump , I have seen them carry both GE and Aquaflo pumps.

I hope this helps!

Joseph

That is 6 BHP, or about 3 HP when rated in non-Marketing based, non-BS, real life horsepower.