Pebble Tec Vs. Stonescape

Nessie

We are currently building a pool. The pool builder (expletive deleted) was told by us (in writing) that we wanted the lining to be Pebble Sheen "Ocean Blue" - an almost black color. Yesterday, the plastering company came and lined the pool with a pale, powder blue Stonescape lining. We are not pleased. To add insult to injury, the pool builder (expletive once again deleted) claimed that we had to pay a supplement for abalone shells in this lining. The plaster company guy told us Stonescape has a lifetime guarantee but is much more expensive than Pebble tec/Pebble sheen which only has a 5-year guarantee. He also claimed that, once the pool has been filled, the color of the water will be the same as with the Pebble Sheen "Ocean Blue" nearly black lining.

Help!!

Er, and now we have another problem... the plaster guy is filling the pool (because the lining... the one we didn't want.. will be damaged if it isn't immediately filled). But the lights have never been installed in the pool - shouldn't this have already been done? Or do electricians in scuba gear do this??

Thanks so much for the reply.. things are looking grim. The contract, though, is cursory to say the least, nothing specified as pebble-tec, though all our interaction with the pool builder has been by e-mail - 52 of them to be exact. His are always one line long and never answer the questions I ask. We haven't actually seen or spoken to him in over 6 weeks, just one-line e-mails from his IPhone.

This is the first pool we've built and we should have known from the first day this was going to be a problem. The pool builder or project manager or whatever he is, sent his elderly father to excavate for the pool. We have a big 1/2 acre yard, flat with only 3 big oak shade trees on the perimeter. First thing his father does is chop down the shade trees.. I caught him just as he was about to attack the third one.. It's been 104 degrees here for the past month, those shade trees were precious.

The pool builder had "A" ratings on Angie's List + offered a 5% reduction to members of Angie's List. When we signed the contract, I gave him the Angie's List coupon and he told me he couldn't accept it because his quote was already so low.