Lifesmart Hot Tub/spas

byds

I have been looking for a spa/hot tub. Lifesmart is in my price range - does anyone have a feedback on these spas before I take the plunge and buy one. I was looking at the Lifesmart Bermuda from home depot. This is the link:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifesmart-Bermuda-Rock-Solid-Series-Plug-and-Play-Spa-with-13-Jets-Includes-FREE-Energy-Value-Package-THD-BERMUDA/203160981#specifications

I value your opinions and thank you in advance for any feedback it will be most valuable.

Without even looking at the tub I will say this. Any Big Box Store tub is made to meet the price point set by the store. This forces manufacturers to cut corners to get to that price point. If it meets your budget just go in knowing that these are not high end products but rather an inexpensive option to that.

I agree with the prevailing tone of responses: Box store tubs lack the quality, performance, options, service, and warranty that established brands provide via a local dealer.

Cost should always be a factor, but in the long run, the difference between the initial savings at the point of sale is made up in service and warranty that local dealers will provide. And overall quality will usually be greater with a tub bought from a local dealer.

I understand that most posters on this site are either owners/employees of local dealerships or workers from spa manufacturers. I myself have worked for a local dealer for the last 12 years, so my response may seem self-serving. However, I always tell all my customers that the smarter investment is via a tub from an established brand that is carried by an established dealer.

Good luck moving forward.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am new to the spa world and get the Home Depot approach. Low entry price, 110 plug, name I trust, etc...

After a bit of research I purchased a Jacuzzi 345, paid the electrician for 220, built my own pad, and am thoroughly enjoying the end product.

Biggest lesson learned so far, wet test before you buy. Without this we would have bought another spa. The open Jacuzzi seating and jet action just felt better to us, but we could only experience this with a wet test.

Also, getting what we wanted was a bigger concern than price. This made the decision much easier.