Replaced Heater Control Board

chevy69

I am pretty sure it is pushed all the way on the pins, I can see them in the connector from the front of the board and I labeled and rewired exactly how the old one was wired except with the heater connection being right in the terminal block. I am getting 240 into the terminal block but not back out to the heater connections H1 and H 2. Is there something else that controls the relays on the heater control board that may not be picking up the relays? I have tested the high limit and the temp. control and both seem to be good, no blinking lights and the green and red LEDs on the control panel are both lit.

The appropriately lit LED's indicate that the main motherboard and all sensors are calling for heat and should have turned line voltage on to the heater via the relay board. Triple check your installation. If good, you either have a bad relay board and/or failed main board. I know that Dan the Spa Man has indicated that he has never seen a new, faulty heater relay board. I have had one faulty board over the years, but that may be because I do service work for two HS dealers and one Caldera dealer, so maybe I get to see more and run into more strange things than Dan.

John

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad this worked out. I've worked on a LOT of the IQ2020 (Hot Springs) and Advent (Caldera) controllers that have this heater relay board. In the twelve years that this controller has been on the market (2001 for HS and 2002 for Caldera), you are only the second instance that I know of with a failed board out of the box. It is that rare.

John

I'm glad this worked out. I've worked on a LOT of the IQ2020 (Hot Springs) and Advent (Caldera) controllers that have this heater relay board. In the twelve years that this controller has been on the market (2001 for HS and 2002 for Caldera), you are only the second instance that I know of with a failed board out of the box. It is that rare.

John

Same here John,

I'm not sure if I've relaced 1000's, but easily over 500, and this is only the second one I've seen be bad right out of the box. Rare indeed