1996 Hotsprings Sovereign No Heat, Flashing Red Light

davohilts

Hello,

I've been fighting with my spa over no heat for a couple of months. I have just bought new filters as my old ones were past their prime. I have 3 filters and it is a 120 volt model with an ozoneator which sends bubbles coming up thru the drain cover on the bottom. The spa stops heating with a flashing light but the circulator pump keeps working sending up a solid stream of bubbles. I had problems about a year ago and traced it to the electronic hi-limit board which I replaced and solved the no heat problem. Now it is back. I've pulled the new filters and tried resetting the power and the spa comes on and works for about a minute then begins flashing again. I would suspect the circulation pump but judging from the flow of bubbles, it is working properly. I changed it a couple of years ago.

So, I have new filters, a fairly new high-limit board, good flow from the circulator. That leaves me with the heater itself and the possibility of buildup inside.

I have ordered some spa flush which I hope will help clean out the plumbing but I'm not overly optimistic.

Any help would be great.

Davo

Have you Ohm'd out the hi-limit thermistor?

If you've got good bubbles, flushing anything out would be a waste of time. The flow is adequate.

If the thermistor checks OK, try unplugging the Ozone generator- there is a very, very slight chance of EMI interfering with the control box.