Advice For A Hot Tub Newbie In Las Vegas

DaveLV

Hi guys --

I'm relatively new to shopping for a hot tub but my wife and I were wanting one for some time and we are getting close to pulling the trigger.

I've visited two show rooms here (the other two were either sold out or unavailable) -- one was for Marquis spas and the other for LA spas. We also have Costco here, but there isn't any showroom that I've been able to find, just ordering through their catalog.

Here's the gist of what we're interested in:

- Six seater. The two of us will be frequenting it the most, but occasionally entertaining. As such, we would like there to be one lounger and a good seat across from it for talking to each other. Many of the models we saw had two "featured seats" (including the lounger) that fit this bill.

- Jet massaging. We like powerful jets generally, but it would be nice to have some level of analog control if possible.

- Easy cleaning / maintenance. Given that we are both new to this, we want to safeguard against getting something that turns out to be much more work than the others.

- Good warranty.

What do DON'T care about:

- Led lights, waterfalls, chrome finish, or pretty much most things that make the hot tub _look_ cooler without adding to the functionality.

Of the two mentioned above, the Marquis appeared to be pricier, but sleeker and with seemingly a better overall filtration system (Constant Clean...?). Whereas the LA spas were better priced and appeared to have a lot more selection. I'm betting I can talk down the price with each but not as sure with Costco.

Anyone know any other good dealers in Las Vegas?

Anyone have opinions on Marquis, LA, or Costco?

I'm told I shouldn't consider anyone not here in the city, is this advice correct?

Thanks!

Hi guys -- I'm relatively new to shopping for a hot tub but my wife and I were wanting one for some time and we are getting close to pulling the trigger. I've visited two show rooms here (the other two were either sold out or unavailable) -- one was for Marquis spas and the other for LA spas. We also have Costco here, but there isn't any showroom that I've been able to find, just ordering through their catalog. Here's the gist of what we're interested in: - Six seater. The two of us will be frequenting it the most, but occasionally entertaining. As such, we would like there to be one lounger and a good seat across from it for talking to each other. Many of the models we saw had two "featured seats" (including the lounger) that fit this bill. - Jet massaging. We like powerful jets generally, but it would be nice to have some level of analog control if possible. - Easy cleaning / maintenance. Given that we are both new to this, we want to safeguard against getting something that turns out to be much more work than the others. - Good warranty. What do DON'T care about: - Led lights, waterfalls, chrome finish, or pretty much most things that make the hot tub _look_ cooler without adding to the functionality. Of the two mentioned above, the Marquis appeared to be pricier, but sleeker and with seemingly a better overall filtration system (Constant Clean...?). Whereas the LA spas were better priced and appeared to have a lot more selection. I'm betting I can talk down the price with each but not as sure with Costco. Anyone know any other good dealers in Las Vegas? Anyone have opinions on Marquis, LA, or Costco? I'm told I shouldn't consider anyone not here in the city, is this advice correct? Thanks!

You can't compare Marquis, Hot Springs, Artesian or even LA to Costco type tubs. That would be comparing apples to oranges.The dealer tubs have better support, manufacturer backing, better fit and finish, better jetting, are more energy efficient. And they will last longer and you have the ability to sit test them dry and likely even wet. Which is important if you want a lounger. The Costco tubs have............. well they are cheaper.

You can't compare Marquis, Hot Springs, Artesian or even LA to Costco type tubs. That would be comparing apples to oranges.The dealer tubs have better support, manufacturer backing, better fit and finish, better jetting, are more energy efficient. And they will last longer and you have the ability to sit test them dry and likely even wet. Which is important if you want a lounger. The Costco tubs have............. well they are cheaper.

If you are looking at Costco tubs because of the price then check out Hot Spot by Hot Springs. They are high quality with good fit and finish and prices run around 6k give or take. Mostly a basic, less frills, quality tub for a good price. Check out the Rhythm for no lounge and the Tempo and Relay for Loungers.

Stick with a well made spa from a reputable dealer who you think will be there for you after the sale with a willingness and ability to service your needs. I don't know who is in Vegas exactly but inital search would include Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance. Marquis and Artesian are certainly viable options as well. Take your time, wet test and negotiate the best deal possible but don't skimp on quality, you want this to last for years with minimal maintenance.

Paddock Pools has several locations in town. They have Sundance, Caldera and Bullfrog. I think they also have Fantasy, and something else. If you like the Bullfrogs but don't like Paddock, Tropical Fiberglass Pools in St. George has been really helpful with me as I've been shopping. They do charge to deliver down here, but they're still several hundred to a thousand dollars cheaper than Paddock. They also know their products which Paddock doesn't seem to.

Renaissance Pools in Henderson, on Boulder Hwy, has Nordic, Strong, Resort (also made in LV), and Viking I think. They may have something else I don't remember.

Spas by Renee was mentioned up thread. There's Spapro (?), I think they're on Dean Martin Dr.

Hot Tub Liquidators, iirc, is fairly new they're in Henderson on Gibson, just up from the 215. They mostly do use hot tubs, but some new with Coast, Lazy Boy and something else I don't remember. (I'm sitting on my front porch handing out candy, and working off my memory. I didn't always take notes, and really don't have them with me right now.)

Costco carries spas made by different manufacturers, just like local dealers carry spas by different manufacturers. Saying that Costco tubs are all junk is like saying that spas sold by Joe's Pool & Spa are all perfect. I worked for 2 different local dealers over the past 10 years, and I've sold (in no particular order)...Master, Marquis, Strong, Hotspring, D1, Four Winds, FreeFlow, Saratoga.The first dealer I worked for is no longer in business (so much for local support). Costco offers tremendous member support. Does anyone believe Costco is going out of business anytime soon? We service Costco members, and I know for a fact that we are still asked to do warranty service on brands no longer carried by Costco, in one case a brand that is no longer made. I'm just trying to level the playing field and point out that purchasing from Costco is not all about price. I have talked to many Costco members who are happy with their spas, and a few of them even post on this forum. Strong spas (maker of Evolution spas for Costco) look to be well made, and use quality components, but I'm not here to push any one brand.

Costco carries spas made by different manufacturers, just like local dealers carry spas by different manufacturers. Saying that Costco tubs are all junk is like saying that spas sold by Joe's Pool & Spa are all perfect. I worked for 2 different local dealers over the past 10 years, and I've sold (in no particular order)...Master, Marquis, Strong, Hotspring, D1, Four Winds, FreeFlow, Saratoga.The first dealer I worked for is no longer in business (so much for local support). Costco offers tremendous member support. Does anyone believe Costco is going out of business anytime soon? We service Costco members, and I know for a fact that we are still asked to do warranty service on brands no longer carried by Costco, in one case a brand that is no longer made. I'm just trying to level the playing field and point out that purchasing from Costco is not all about price. I have talked to many Costco members who are happy with their spas, and a few of them even post on this forum. Strong spas (maker of Evolution spas for Costco) look to be well made, and use quality components, but I'm not here to push any one brand.

Costco has carried how many brands that have failed in the last 5 years? With a 40% return ratio.

Who said Costco spas were junk?

They are exactly what they are, an inexpensive alternative to a high quality tub. They have been generally low quality with a few middle of the road mixed in lately that are the same price as low end or middle of the road found elsewhere.

To try and compare them to Marquis is doing the OP a disservice.