Building My Own Inground Swim Spa....?

Ao1

I want to build my own swim spa, does anyone have any insight on a jet design that I could swim against.

I was thinking of installing 2 1/2" pipe with split main drain suction and running 2 jandy HP 2.5 hp pumps in parallel. Then return the water though waterway old faithful 2" gunite jets. Does anyone have any experience with a custom swim jet set up? What kind of flow do I need to swim against ? Badu boasts a 5,000 gallon a minute flow rate?..is that right?

I gleamed this from there site.....l

The Badu® SwimJet Systems from Speck Pumps are designed for installation during the construction of your pool to create a water treadmill for anyone wanting therapeutic and effective exercise.

The Badu® SwimJet Systems can be installed in any type pool, large or small, from gunite to vinyl liner. It has no protruding parts ensuring pool user's safety, is very compact and installs at minimal cost.

The self-contained, flush-mounted unit is a jet-propulsion system that pumps water into the pool creating a current in excess of 5,000 gallons per minute from a single recessed jet housing.

Topping off the experience is the pulsating massage hose which can be attached to the jet nozzles for easy and convenient massage treatments for

There are different Badu jets available. Both are driven by large, 5 or 6 HP, I forget, motors, 6" suction and 4" returns. If you live in an area where winterization is a must and they are installed when the pool can be lowered, they have a specific model than can be sealed.

These jets produce a lot of thrust so backside support is needed so the jets don't cause the wall they are attached to flex and leak.

Circulation is handled with a separate pump system.

Scott