Can't Find Out What Model I Have. Argh!

Hi all - Thanks for all the great posts here and advice. It has been very helpful with setting up our new (to us) tub. We were given a free tub (as mother in law says, "like giving someone a 'free' puppy" :lol:). I don't have much history on the tub and am having a tough time figuring out how to work it. It is an Advanced Spa Designs, but the heater is Pinnacle. It seems to work. I am decontaminating it now. There is no display on this tub so I have no way of knowing what temp it is, guess I'll have to buy a thermometer. There are several white buttons that you push. Two of them are together and one of them is by its lonesome in a corner. There is a dial that you turn that turns on the jets. The jets turn on and off and the water is circulating, but the white buttons do nothing. And the light doesn't seem to work. I can get the jets to turn off but not the circulating/bubbling. And I can't find out what model this is to search for a manual online. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

They sound like "Air Switches" to me.. One will be for the light, one should be pump low/high.

There should be small plastic hoses attached to the back that leed to electrical switches.

I'll try to post pics tonight. I'm pretty sure the switches are broken. How do I access the switches to see what I need? I'm guessing I need to access from the outside of the tub as there doesn't seem to be anyway to remove the plate the switches are set into. Grr. The is frustrating. I just want to hop in my tub!

remove the hose from the control panel have someone push the switch as you feel for air pressure, it is a light amount of air maybe a couple inch pounds..

Also you can check the switch for an air leak, if you depress the switch and hold your finger over the end of the hose it should stay depressed, if the button works its way back up you have a leak in either the hose or switch.

here is a pic of air switch.

airswitch001.jpg

Much of the ASD equipment and its subsequent iteration, A.H. Equipment Corp, did NOT use pneumatic controls. If he has one of their pneumatic controls, that is a rare version. ASD and A.H. Equipment were some of the very early adopters of fully electronic controls. I believe that I still have a couple of their boards in my storage somewhere, as I did a lot of warranty work for them back in the 80's and early 90's.

John

I have a manual from 1998.

The DS 405 Deluxe is pneumatic

The DS 405 Deluxe Digital is pneumatic

The DS 424 Standard is pneumatic

The DS 425 Deluxe is pneumatic

The DS 425 Deluxe Digital is pneumatic

Supreme, Premier and Deluxe models are electronic