Could I Lay Concrete Over My Pipes

Hi I wanted to first thank all of you for your help on this forum , I learned alot from you all , the advise I get helps me fix my problems and saves me headaches , and money , ,, I have my pool on one side of the yard and pump and heater system on the other side , with grass in the middle of them both , I want to eliminate the grass and pour concrete , but I'm not sure if barrying the pipes would be a good idea , if it's ok to do so how far down are the pipes barried from the pump to the pool , thank you all

Pipes with water in them should be below frost depth. Assuming they haven't had a freezing issue below plantings, concrete should have no adverse effect. You could always run a heat tape to use in extreme conditions, and circulating water is less likely to freeze..

Be sure they are well supported by gravel / soil before you pour. You may see heavier use on a slab than on lawn, that extra weight could crack poorly supported plastic.

Bury away.

Walt

I don't see the need for going down to the frost line. The pool would be winterized by then which seal air in the lines, not water, by the time a long enough period of freezing weather came.

What is more important is the material used for the lines and servicing.

If hard pipe was used, ensuring it is supported by small gravel is a good idea. Flex is normally OK but should have sand surrounding it. I don't like flexible PVC or black poly either, FWIW.

Once covered with the slab, any replacement of the line means cut concrete. Just so you know...

Scott

Ok thanx to you all , I think I have to decide on something else besides concrete , maybe stone bricks that set in place , only because of what was said on if I need pipe repair I would need to cute slab , would these stone bricks be a better way for weight ,

Depends on the thickness of the stone, but at 3-4" it should not make a meaningful difference. Will certainly be more time-intensive and probably a bit more expensive to install, but the upside is that - as you suggested - you won't have to cut and repair concrete should you need to repair a line. Also, there are 3 certainties in life: death, taxes and concrete will crack. The bricks will simply settle where concrete would crack, and you can easily repair/re-level the bricks, though it is time-consuming.

You do realize that as soon as the concrete sets, you will have a leak under the deck. :lol:

Lol I think That was a joke lol cause I don't have a deck lol If I'm not mistaken. But just by the word leak scares me so no laying concrete , is there anything that looks nice that I can put , I don't like the idea of grass next to the pool , too messy when kids go in and out back to the pool and get grass in it , :)