Compool Lx100 Diverter Valve

Don719

I have a pool and spa combination that are controlled be a Pentair Compool Lx100. Lately the return diverter valve has been turning itself to the opposite position. The valve is only about a year old and when I toggle the switch it rotates freely.

How do I go about troubleshooting this issue

It sounds like the you are referring to the valve actuator, not the valve. There is a toggle switch on the underside of the actuator, flip it.

Scott

That system is very old, and has been discontinued. What i would do, is find out if it is the actuator doing this, or if the actuator is just doing what it's being told. Trace the cord from the actuator back to the main board where it's plugged in. The socket will be labeled RET. swap the two actuators(plug in RET actuator to the INT and INT plug to the RET). Now see if the INT actuator begins to act as the RET actuator did. If it does, the board is the problem, and if it does not, and the same actuator is acting erratic it is the actuator. You need to find out exactly(date) when the actuator was installed to possibly get it warrantied.

If it is the main board, you are looking at an(expensive)upgrade as there are no parts made anymore for the LX100. You may find old stock or repaired parts somewhere, but they will probably have no warranty.

Good Luck..

Thank You for your repaonse on testing the diverters. Unfortunately (or fortunately), since I posted the question thye valves have been operating OK. When it starts operating like a ghost is at the controls again, I will switch the valves on the PC board and see what happens.

Thanks Again for the help

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect you have a spa side switch too? This can be enable or disabled from the control inside. The switch could be giving you problems when its wet or stepped on by a animal... Help me out pool clown... Am I thinking correctly that the spa could be activated by the spa side switch?

Also, it's a good idea to take the cover of the valve actuator and make certain it's in good condition. There's two small switches that are activated by to small "nubs" on two collars, these are adjustable and sometimes they become brittle and break causing erratic things to happen (ie the actuator spins 360 degrees rather than 180 or any other combination you can imagine.