Pond Heater

Peto77

What are you talking about? We're not talking about a normal situation, where yes, the circulation pump is for heating/ozone. In this situation, we're talking about running the circ. pump to keep the equipment from freezing. In a traditional spa, the equipment bay isn't insulated well, if at all, so the plumbing to the pumps/heaters etc. would freeze long before everything else, which is why you would run the pump. We aren't too concerned about the tub freezing, because most tubs are insulated very well, and won't have a problem. The only exception is the equipment bay, because you can't fill it with high density foam, so you would run your circ. pump, just to keep the lines from freezing.

What are you talking about? We're not talking about a normal situation, where yes, the circulation pump is for heating/ozone. In this situation, we're talking about running the circ. pump to keep the equipment from freezing. In a traditional spa, the equipment bay isn't insulated well, if at all, so the plumbing to the pumps/heaters etc. would freeze long before everything else, which is why you would run the pump. We aren't too concerned about the tub freezing, because most tubs are insulated very well, and won't have a problem. The only exception is the equipment bay, because you can't fill it with high density foam, so you would run your circ. pump, just to keep the lines from freezing.

I think maybe you're missing part of the conversation here.

If you have a small generator is it best to pile the energy into the pump and something along the lines of a small heat supply (a trouble light) or is it best to pile it into the largest heater you can run and stick into the under compartment.

What the hell are you talking about? This whole thread started on if you can use a pond heater to keep your tub from freezing. Which you can. Then someone said that you can just run your circ. pump and a trouble light, you said that a trouble light won't do anything. The water wouldn't need to be heated for a long time if you are just running the circ. pump with no ozone coming in, it's as simple as that. Just like I said before, the circ. pump is keeping the equipment from freezing. But it honestly doesn't matter, because you'll be the one with the frozen tub. Not me. I couldn't give a **** whether your ghetto piece of **** freezes into a solid ice block.

Like you said... Bob Sanders, on 12 November 2011 - 02:20 AM, said:

You don't seem to understand that it is not my knowledge and experience that is being talked about. I've already admitted SEVERAL TIMES NOW that I have very little experience when it comes to discussing things directly related to spas.

I think we are way off track here. If it's -40 and the power goes off. Don't touch the tub!! Figure out how to stay alive and prevent your house from freezing. No never mind, in 54 years of living in Northern Minnesota the power NEVER goes out for more than a few hours in the dead of winter, never.

I never did consider nuclear war???