Removing All The Foam?

drewskie

I have a 2001 SUndance that has been good to me, except for a few leaks, one of which just came up The first was on the footjet, underneath the tub so i removed lots of foam to find the leak, and to have it repaired. The second was on the jet in one of the seats, and I removed a large portion on the foam in the corner to access that leak. The latest leak is on a small t-fitting on the side, and I removed a good portion of foam along the whole side to find this leak.

My question is, should I just take off all the foam so any future leaks will be easy to find and fix? About 30% of the tub's foam is almost already missing. Also, is there a certain reason I have so many leaks? Will more keep popping up? Thanks.

The leaks will likely get progressively worse, the low voc glue used around that time just does not hold.

Removing all the insulation will make it worse, vibration and hydraulic shock to the plumbing will rapidly fatigue the already weak glue joints, and the removal of the foam will disturb the plumbing too.

The leaks will likely get progressively worse, the low voc glue used around that time just does not hold.

Removing all the insulation will make it worse, vibration and hydraulic shock to the plumbing will rapidly fatigue the already weak glue joints, and the removal of the foam will disturb the plumbing too.

Damn. So what is the best course of action? I can't just keep fixing every single leak, and I don't want to let them go. And you are right, they have all been at the glued joints.

How are tubs that are much older than mine still working without leaking? I also thought Sundance tubs weren't supposed to have leaking issues.

• 1 month later...

2001 was a bad year for pvc glue due to changes in the environmental laws.

Ok first the bad glue joint problem was on mid 94 thru mid 96 not 2001 ar eyou sure you have a 2001 model and if you do i would like to know what model it is so i can help you more you can contact me at premierhottubs@etcmail.com my name is James