Tv Set Next To Your Spa?

fatcatdj

I was at a county fair last month where I got this stupid notion of buying a hot tub ...many of the spa and pool dealers had their stuff on display. Well I

went ahead and contributed money to help the economy and got this tub. Anyways they displayed a flat screen tv on the ledge of one of

the units. Now please tell me that was just for looks. I mean how close can U actually place a tv near a tub? Its boring outside. I would like a tv

Also do any of you guys have a tv next to your tub?

Thanks.

Many manufacturers offer a low voltage TV option.

Keep in mind, TVs do not like direct sunlight or moisture, if you must have a TV outdoors, mount a flat screen under the eve of your house roof and get a waterproof floating remote from Balboa.

I was at a county fair last month where I got this stupid notion of buying a hot tub ...many of the spa and pool dealers had their stuff on display. Well I

went ahead and contributed money to help the economy and got this tub. Anyways they displayed a flat screen tv on the ledge of one of

the units. Now please tell me that was just for looks. I mean how close can U actually place a tv near a tub? Its boring outside. I would like a tv

Also do any of you guys have a tv next to your tub?

Thanks.

Most people tell me electronics and hot tubs don't mix well.

What I did -- rigged up outdoor speakers on the fence posts next to the tub, ran wires into the house to my stereo. That's safer, better, and water doesn't get anywhere near the electronics.

They do offer TVs and stereos built in. Some of the dealers I talked to during my search advised - DON'T. Most of the warranty work they encounter involves stereos, and when I'm in a hot tub with others, it's the wine, conversation, and comraderie that makes it, I don't want to watch TV. Your mileage may vary.