Arctic Spa In Gta Area

Poolman18

Has anybody heard of that is going on with the Arctic Spa Oakville Grp ? They are a chain of 7 stores that just picked up the Jacuzzi line. This seems a little confusing unless they are going split floor.

Several Jacuzzi dealers in the GTA have been told that in 30 days they will no longer be Jacuzzi dealers and that they have to look for another line.

Heard or rumour that Arctic has stopped paying warranty claims. Looking for information

Has anybody heard of that is going on with the Arctic Spa Oakville Grp ? They are a chain of 7 stores that just picked up the Jacuzzi line. This seems a little confusing unless they are going split floor.

Several Jacuzzi dealers in the GTA have been told that in 30 days they will no longer be Jacuzzi dealers and that they have to look for another line.

Heard or rumour that Arctic has stopped paying warranty claims. Looking for information

Sorry, I haven't heard anything about what's going on in your neck of the woods but here in SW Pennsylvania there was a shake up with spa dealerships. The dealer I bought my Artic from a few years ago no longer carries them....but Arctic was picked up by a local dealer who used to carry HotSprings. They no longer carry HotSprings. Another dealer who used to carry Jaccuzzi was dropped by the manufacturer..not sure what they are going to carry now.

All this seems unusual for different companies and dealers to make major changes to their lines or distribution all within the same general time frame....

As far as warranty claims with Arctic, I haven't heard that news. I just had my tub repaired and it doesn't seem to be a problem other than taking too long to get the part in.

It isn't uncommon for dealers to split floor space between brands, but if they do so, they lose preferential pricing reserved for exclusive dealers.

I hadn't heard about Arctic no paying claims, but it is only a rumor until it is substantiated.

I do know they have factory owned dealers here and pulled out of all the local fairs and home shows this year, no budget for it I would guess.

They are building an inconsitant product full of Chinese parts that changes every year, and every year the pitch for them has to change with it, and they still suffer from the effects of building spas with a tried-and-failed-already design (no foam support of plumbing).

I bought an Arctic Spa from the Oakville group about 2 years ago and I needed my tub repaired recently . I went on to the corporate website (arctic spas) and called them to find out my warranty situation. They told me my warranty coverage is the same even if local dealers stop selling the brand or go out of business. The guy I spoke to at the Arctic Spas head office was Dennis and he had a service tech sent out. It all went pretty smooth, hope it continues.

It isn't uncommon for dealers to split floor space between brands, but if they do so, they lose preferential pricing reserved for exclusive dealers.

I hadn't heard about Arctic no paying claims, but it is only a rumor until it is substantiated.

I do know they have factory owned dealers here and pulled out of all the local fairs and home shows this year, no budget for it I would guess.

They are building an inconsitant product full of Chinese parts that changes every year, and every year the pitch for them has to change with it, and they still suffer from the effects of building spas with a tried-and-failed-already design (no foam support of plumbing).

Jeez, thats a pretty bold statement. How do you know? Do you own a bunch of them? You must sell a different brand.

Anyway, I like mine. It works fine. Had a couple service issues but they were taken care of under warranty. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, thats a pretty bold statement. How do you know? Do you own a bunch of them? You must sell a different brand.

Anyway, I like mine. It works fine. Had a couple service issues but they were taken care of under warranty. :rolleyes:

Well to make it clear for everyone (I just went through this in store) Arctic Spas got wind that the Oakville Group dealers were carrying a second line of spas (as they were not happy with the factory support and new product quality arctic was sending to dealers) as said in a earlier post

arctic has started bringing all its parts in through china and the quality has taken a real dive.... When arctic heard the GTA stores were looking into another product they terminated all GTA dealer... They even removed the rights to warranty for all the dealers- clear that the customer best interest in least thing on there mind. to book service you need to call a 1800 number were its near impossible to get someone on the phone. The stores are still up and functioning just no longer represent the arctic spas brand. Dennis had terrible customer service skills when he worked for the oakville group leading to his seperation from the company... so the factory seemed to think it would be good to place him back in the same spot for all the GTA warranty calls.... Im trading in

I don't sell tubs, I fix them, (lots of them) part of fixing them is knowing where the parts come from.

Have a look at this website, this is where they get their parts from.

http://www.risingdragonplastics.com/en/index.php

I have been in the Blue Falls/Arctic factory and seen the stacks of boxes with the Rising Dragon logo on them, Rising Dragon also makes the PVC parts for Watkins-Hot Springs products.

I'm glad you like your spa, I hope you have many years of pleasant memories from it.

Well to make it clear for everyone (I just went through this in store) Arctic Spas got wind that the Oakville Group dealers were carrying a second line of spas (as they were not happy with the factory support and new product quality arctic was sending to dealers) as said in a earlier post

arctic has started bringing all its parts in through china and the quality has taken a real dive.... When arctic heard the GTA stores were looking into another product they terminated all GTA dealer... They even removed the rights to warranty for all the dealers- clear that the customer best interest in least thing on there mind. to book service you need to call a 1800 number were its near impossible to get someone on the phone. The stores are still up and functioning just no longer represent the arctic spas brand. Dennis had terrible customer service skills when he worked for the oakville group leading to his seperation from the company... so the factory seemed to think it would be good to place him back in the same spot for all the GTA warranty calls.... Im trading in

When a factory pulls the ability of a dealer to do warranty, they also pull the ability to purchase the parts to repair the tubs because Arctic is made from proprietary parts, this is one of the BIG risks of buying a brand with proprietary parts, the marriage between dealer and factory must remain stable, and both companies must also stay in business or the customer is screwed, no parts availability, no service.... unless you got to an independant 3rd party repair guy like me, and pay a premium price.

Poolman18,

The Arctic Spa dealer locator indicates that they have a new location in Vaughan, ON on Major Mackenzie Drive and Keele (4 Km northeast of the former Rutherford Road & Jane location).

The other dealer that is close to my Markham location, is Arctic Spas Durham.

The downside to all of this is that the dealer that will now service the hot tub, did not sell the hot tub. We will see how responsive these dealers will be in performing and championing repair work that should be warranty work.

I just received a notice from Arctic Spas Oakville Group that

"The parent company of Artic Spas (Blue Falls Manufacturing ) has decided to end our relationship for undisclosed reasons. They have elected to prevent us from performing any future warranty work on their products. We are very disappointed, as this was not what we wanted for our customers. Our preference was to continue servicing all of our clients under the terms of the Arctic Spas warranty when you purchased your hot tub.

About Your Current Warranty

This situation does not mean your current warranty is void. The warranty on any products built by Arctic Spas (Blue Falls Manufacturing) is a manufacturer's warranty. It is important that you do all that is required as outlined in your owner's manual to keep your warranty valid. Blue Falls Manufacturing has instructed us to forward all warranty related calls directly to their head office in Thorsby, Alberta. Their toll free number is 1-(800)-309-1744.

You are a valued customer, and your complete satisfaction continues to be our #1 priority! We will always be available to service your hot tub, notwithstanding our inability to process your warranty claim with Blue Falls Manufacturing. If for any reason that you are unsatisfied with your warranty service provided by Blue Falls Manufacturing and would prefer to continue your service requirements with us we will service your hot tub at a reduced cost during your warranty period. If you have any questions, please contact us directly at (866) 447-6775 or (905) 847-2055.

Moving Forward

Arctic Spas Oakville Inc. will be representing Jacuzzi Brands for distribution of Jacuzzi Hot Tubs in Ontario.

We believe that the move to becoming the face of the largest spa manufacturer in the world will improve our customer satisfaction tremendously. The mission of our company and Jacuzzi Brands is to provide a World Class Customer Experience. Our new operating name will change to Jacuzzi Hot Tubs of Ontario. While our name will change, our locations and customer service will remain the same.

We value your business and look forward to seeing you soon.

Trevor Wasney

President

Arctic Spas Oakville Inc."

Poolman18,

The Arctic Spa dealer locator indicates that they have a new location in Vaughan, ON on Major Mackenzie Drive and Keele (4 Km northeast of the former Rutherford Road & Jane location).

The downside to all of this is that the dealer that will now service the hot tub, did not sell the hot tub. We will see how responsive these dealers will be in performing and championing repair work that should be warranty work.

"The parent company of Artic Spas (Blue Falls Manufacturing ) has decided to end our relationship for undisclosed reasons. They have elected to prevent us from performing any future warranty work on their products. We are very disappointed, as this was not what we wanted for our customers. Our preference was to continue servicing all of our clients under the terms of the Arctic Spas warranty when you purchased your hot tub.

This situation does not mean your current warranty is void. The warranty on any products built by Arctic Spas (Blue Falls Manufacturing) is a manufacturer's warranty. It is important that you do all that is required as outlined in your owner's manual to keep your warranty valid. Blue Falls Manufacturing has instructed us to forward all warranty related calls directly to their head office in Thorsby, Alberta. Their toll free number is 1-(800)-309-1744.

You are a valued customer, and your complete satisfaction continues to be our #1 priority! We will always be available to service your hot tub, notwithstanding our inability to process your warranty claim with Blue Falls Manufacturing. If for any reason that you are unsatisfied with your warranty service provided by Blue Falls Manufacturing and would prefer to continue your service requirements with us we will service your hot tub at a reduced cost during your warranty period. If you have any questions, please contact us directly at (866) 447-6775 or (905) 847-2055.

Moving Forward

Arctic Spas Oakville Inc. will be representing Jacuzzi Brands for distribution of Jacuzzi Hot Tubs in Ontario.

We believe that the move to becoming the face of the largest spa manufacturer in the world will improve our customer satisfaction tremendously. The mission of our company and Jacuzzi Brands is to provide a World Class Customer Experience. Our new operating name will change to Jacuzzi Hot Tubs of Ontario. While our name will change, our locations and customer service will remain the same.

Trevor Wasney

President

Just dropped by their Vaughan location on Rutherford Road to pick up some filters for my Fall water changeover. They are still selling supplies and planning to sell Artic Spa supplies as well as offer the free water testing. As stated in the letter, they no longer do the warranty work and are clearing out their inventory of Arctic Spa tubs. Used my loyalty card to buy my filters just in case any of this changes.

Called the Arctic Spa toll free number and was put in an endless loop to a recording of your call will be answered in "priority sequence". I hung up after three cycles.

Tried to locate their new Vaughan store based on the website map but was unsuccessful. I suspect that it does not exist as there was no address or local telephone number on the website.

Hope my dealer continues to offer the Arctic Spa service and supplies. The dealer was one of the main reasons that I purchased the Arctic Spa tub. I had researched various tubs and had visited different dealers. The high end tubs are all about the same and it is the dealer service that will differentiate the brands in the long term.

I spoke to the guys about the Onzen system issues that people on this Forum are still experiencing. They were very diplomatic but pointed out that the Jacuzzi only uses the chlorine pucks and Aqua Finesse.

Too bad Blue Falls and Oakville couldn't work things out. Mom and Dad are getting divorced. Looks like we kids are on our own for warranty repairs.

Poolman18,

Moving Forward

Trevor Wasney

President

Just dropped by their Vaughan location on Rutherford Road to pick up some filters for my Fall water changeover. They are still selling supplies and planning to sell Artic Spa supplies as well as offer the free water testing. As stated in the letter, they no longer do the warranty work and are clearing out their inventory of Arctic Spa tubs. Used my loyalty card to buy my filters just in case any of this changes.

Called the Arctic Spa toll free number and was put in an endless loop to a recording of your call will be answered in "priority sequence". I hung up after three cycles.

Tried to locate their new Vaughan store based on the website map but was unsuccessful. I suspect that it does not exist as there was no address or local telephone number on the website.

Hope my dealer continues to offer the Arctic Spa service and supplies. The dealer was one of the main reasons that I purchased the Arctic Spa tub. I had researched various tubs and had visited different dealers. The high end tubs are all about the same and it is the dealer service that will differentiate the brands in the long term.

I spoke to the guys about the Onzen system issues that people on this Forum are still experiencing. They were very diplomatic but pointed out that the Jacuzzi only uses the chlorine pucks and Aqua Finesse.

Too bad Blue Falls and Oakville couldn't work things out. Mom and Dad are getting divorced. Looks like we kids are on our own for warranty repairs.

Poolman18,

Moving Forward

Trevor Wasney

President

Well tried to book another service call today as my 7th onzen system has bit the dust... Called oakville they patched me through to blue fal manufacturing- waited on hold for 25 min to speak to dennis no answer... just kept putting me through a loop. I called my store and they were really helpful- actually was able to transfer me to his direct line and the call was answered right away! Said it would be a min 1 week for service, couldnt get a day nor time... was very rude and hard to deal with (pretty clear there phone is ringing off the hook) called store back and spoke to my sales rep who said he had some electrodes and sold me one at cost- explained there is no point paying a trip charge to have service tech out... ellectrode was only $30 dollars where there trip charge from factory is $50

I also asked about the new stores as the website shows 7 new stores... all the addresses go to city hall buildings in each city. There is only 2 stores burlington and whitby and all the new stores numbers patch you through to the burlington store (always a viocemail never a person there) My big question which the store keeps dancing around and trying not to answer is if the factory goes under (which at this point looks very possible) what happens to us? I have a spa that requires service monthly and know if I dont have warranty I cant afford it... I asked the sales rep if them going under was possible and all he said was they were just under 40 percent of the factory sales between all the oakville group stores, and the factory is already down over 40% year to date with them still there, they have shut down one of there plants and layed off half there staff... but he said he would not comment on them going under and tried to change topic really quickly! It was clear he was thinking exactly what I was...

As this goes on im getting more and more frustrated with this company blue fal manufacturing

The hot tub manufacturing business is unlike most businesses, where 99% of your clientele is capable of affording to sue you if you do not live up to the promises you make.

Arctic is trying to build spas in a manner similar to the one Jacuzzi abandoned long ago, truth of the matter is, you cannot build a spa with no plumbing support and not end up with a very high percentage of leak complaints.

Couple that with using their customers as lab rats instead of doing R&D in-house and you get a plethora of pissed off Onzen users who have been promised the gold mine and only recieved the shaft.

Eventually dealers get very tired of the BS, and dump the manufacturer, because a crappy manufacturer makes a dealer look bad, and can cost them their business.

I just called today. I'm in Mississauga and have an intermittent FLC (Flow switch defective). The guy told didn't sound all that friendly and he told me that a repairman will call within 2 days. Oakville used to charge me a $35 trip fee, i wonder what they will charge now?

Spa Guru your theory about not being able to maintain long term relationships with dealers is proven wrong with me. I have been buying, selling, and servicing Arctic Spas since day one. Our relationship is great, and I wouldnt ever consider carrying another line, and trust me I am constantly pursued by ALL the major brands. You obviously have an axe to grind with Arctic, and tht is fine I guess, but I have actual buying, selling, servicing experience with Arctic and can tell you that they are fantastic to deal with.

I just called today. I'm in Mississauga and have an intermittent FLC (Flow switch defective). The guy told didn't sound all that friendly and he told me that a repairman will call within 2 days. Oakville used to charge me a $35 trip fee, i wonder what they will charge now?

Spa Guru your theory about not being able to maintain long term relationships with dealers is proven wrong with me. I have been buying, selling, and servicing Arctic Spas since day one. Our relationship is great, and I wouldnt ever consider carrying another line, and trust me I am constantly pursued by ALL the major brands. You obviously have an axe to grind with Arctic, and tht is fine I guess, but I have actual buying, selling, servicing experience with Arctic and can tell you that they are fantastic to deal with.

It would seem Lummer and Wannabe would disagree, if I have made innacurate statements regarding Arctic, enumerate them, you say "Day one"? 12 years you have been dealing Arctic? US? Canada? Or do you mean day one of opening your dealership?

It would seem Lummer and Wannabe would disagree, if I have made innacurate statements regarding Arctic, enumerate them, you say "Day one"? 12 years you have been dealing Arctic? US? Canada? Or do you mean day one of opening your dealership?

I am the very first Arctic Spa dealer in the US. I have bought, sold, serviced Arctics for 13 years now. The quality of product that Arctic puts out today is excellent, whether you believe it or not. Did Arctic go through some growing pains? Yes, very much so. But they were always willing to help us dealers and spaowners out during the process. I am sure you know the industry in and out, as do I. I believe their are many great brands available. And yes Arctic is very much in that mix. You can throw out the whole chinese parts manufactured thing all you want but that is SOOOO 1990's! Many Chinese manufacturers have stepped up the quality of their products above and beyond those that are made in the USA.

You can throw out the whole chinese parts manufactured thing all you want but that is SOOOO 1990's! Many Chinese manufacturers have stepped up the quality of their products above and beyond those that are made in the USA.

Toys covered with lead? Deadly pet food? Deadly baby formula? Tires that fall apart? Posion toothpaste?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/world/asia/16milk.html

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/26/china-manufacturing-quality-ent-manage-cx_kw_0726whartonchina.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/business/worldbusiness/04iht-food.5.6497264.html

Seriously, did you drink some Chinese Kool-Aid? My wife is Chinese, and she knows better than to buy Chinese stuff.

You can throw out the whole chinese parts manufactured thing all you want but that is SOOOO 1990's! Many Chinese manufacturers have stepped up the quality of their products above and beyond those that are made in the USA.

Toys covered with lead? Deadly pet food? Deadly baby formula? Tires that fall apart? Posion toothpaste?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/world/asia/16milk.html

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/26/china-manufacturing-quality-ent-manage-cx_kw_0726whartonchina.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/business/worldbusiness/04iht-food.5.6497264.html

Seriously, did you drink some Chinese Kool-Aid? My wife is Chinese, and she knows better than to buy Chinese stuff.

I didnt say everything made in China is better. Way to take it outta context. I know lots of things made in the USA that are total crap. It doesnt mean that everything made in the US is horrible

Wow, I have a artic Spa and love it, I have referred 3 friends and they have purchased one, Artic has been great from day one they stand behind there product, the only issue I've had is to change the Electrode on the Onzen which I can do myself, I prefer changing a Electrode every year then Screwing with a floater and pucks, as for China take a look around you man, everything is made in China, for instance Apple (Mac) oh yaa you think thats **** to? what other owners would monitor forums and help any one with a issue personally?? now go to Walmart your favorite store and find something made in Canada>

I didnt say everything made in China is better. Way to take it outta context. I know lots of things made in the USA that are total crap. It doesnt mean that everything made in the US is horrible

China is incapable of making a car that can legally be imported.

Have you been to China? I have, several times.

The #1 status symbol in China?

An American made car or motorcycle.

The one item you can buy in America that is made in China you can brag about?....... I dunno, got a piece of the Great Wall in your living room? ;)

Does anyone know if the Speers Road Arctic Spa location is still there? When I google Oakville Arctic Spa, just one on Dundas west of Trafalgar comes up. I am in Mississauga and I can't stand dealing with the Mississauga Store....yes since the change-over to Jacuzzi, they are rude and abrupt and I will not go back there.

Does anyone know if the Speers Road Arctic Spa location is still there? When I google Oakville Arctic Spa, just one on Dundas west of Trafalgar comes up. I am in Mississauga and I can't stand dealing with the Mississauga Store....yes since the change-over to Jacuzzi, they are rude and abrupt and I will not go back there.

Hey,

From my knowledge The Arctic Spas head office is dealing with all Oakville costumers.The Oakville division is no longer an

authorized dealer for Arctic Spas. The head office has a bunch of things set in place to make the transition as smooth as possible.

I do know that there is a new store

5280 South Service Road, Burlington, Ontario. Call them toll free at 1-855-327-2842

Or call the Head office at 1-800-309-1744

Hope this helps!