New Pump

Kingdog

Looks like I need a new pump for my Arctic Spa. I have a flo error on the display and the pump is not working. It just buzz's and when I took the side off I saw that water is leaking from the bearing and it's all rusted. I assume it probably seized. It's a waterway pump pf-40-2n22c. Anybody use one of the online sites for parts and have good service? Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

This company is pretty good. I've bought a few expensive parts from them and they have competitive pricing and good service.

Link:

Pool Spa Supplies

Thanks. That sites prices look really good. Anyone think this pump would be the same as mine?

http://www.pool-spa-supplies.com/index.php/pumps/jet-pumps/waterway-56f-executive-pump-2-speed-4hp-230-volt-12-0a-4-4a-3721621-1d.html

Looks like I need a new pump for my Arctic Spa. I have a flo error on the display and the pump is not working. It just buzz's and when I took the side off I saw that water is leaking from the bearing and it's all rusted. I assume it probably seized. It's a waterway pump pf-40-2n22c. Anybody use one of the online sites for parts and have good service? Sheldon

Hey Sheldon,

You should contact Shane@goarctic.com

He will be able to help you get everything you need

:)

If you have a spa shop local to you, you can probably get the pump rebuilt for around $150 if you carry it in.

What typically happens is, you wipe out a seal from a chemistry imbalance, that leaks onto the front bering and rusts it, then the spa is shut off for long enough for the bering to seize, and you end up where you are now.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok got a problem here. Finally got the new pump and the thread is 2 inch not 2 1/2 like my old one. No problem I'll just take off the faceplate of my old pump which still looks good and put it on the new pump. As much as I try I cannot get it to snap in place. Now here is the weird part. Both faceplates fit on my old pump. So has anyone had success in changing the faceplate on a 56 series waterway pump from a 2 inch to a 2 1/2? If they both fit on my old waterway why would they both not fit on my new one? One thing I noticed is my new pump is model pf-40-2n22m but my old one is pf-40-2n22c. According to the internet they should be the same pump? Thanks for any help. Sheldon

Ok got a problem here. Finally got the new pump and the thread is 2 inch not 2 1/2 like my old one. No problem I'll just take off the faceplate of my old pump which still looks good and put it on the new pump. As much as I try I cannot get it to snap in place. Now here is the weird part. Both faceplates fit on my old pump. So has anyone had success in changing the faceplate on a 56 series waterway pump from a 2 inch to a 2 1/2? If they both fit on my old waterway why would they both not fit on my new one? One thing I noticed is my new pump is model pf-40-2n22m but my old one is pf-40-2n22c. According to the internet they should be the same pump? Thanks for any help. Sheldon

Dumb question, but are you sure it's "rotated" properly to align with the housing? Volute covers have to be oriented properly to the housing, or they won't fit.