How Often Should You Replace The Filter?

lurky

Hello,

I have a hotspot malorca. I bought it new two years ago and have not replaced the filter.

I do clean the filter out every time I change the water.

How often is the filter supposed to be replaced and are there signs of wear you should look for?

Thanks

As needed.

If the element is clogged, and no amount of soaking or cleaning will remove whatever has it clogged, replace it.

If the element fibers are beginning to break down, and appear "hairy," replace it.

An element should last several years, 2-5 seems average in the field, though some are ruined early with poor water chemistry, and some are still in good condition after 7 or more years. If you're using a biguanide, they will typically become clogged a little sooner.

Hello,

I have a hotspot malorca. I bought it new two years ago and have not replaced the filter.

I do clean the filter out every time I change the water.

How often is the filter supposed to be replaced and are there signs of wear you should look for?

Thanks

I would clean it between changes if it's 3-4 months. At least once or twice.