The Dangers Of Delivering A Spa With A Crane

Dr. Spa

Watching the video for the first time after having read what it was about, I kept waiting for the tub itself to somehow start swinging and hit the chimney. Didn't even think what happened could happen (don't wan't say what happened and ruin it for those who haven't watched).

Quite a big tub, though, I guess that's an 'inground' model?

Our delivery was by trolley and even that had a few intense moments trying to get around the corner of the house with the house awning sticking out.

That... was ... awesome.

In a terrible way, of course.

Thank God no one was injured.

I didn't see a spotter, or ropes to guide the shell as it came down, either. Not that that had anything to do with the disaster, but still.

What a mess.

Thanks for posting :o

Our cranes won't allow that. When the stick reaches the 400 lbs from capacity limit it alarms and shuts down and only allows cable down and stick up. Not real sure how this happened? The crane looks modern enough. Unless there was a malfunction?

We have a 10,000 lb telehandle that has a 350 lb capacity at flat stick.

... We have a 10,000 lb telehandle that has a 350 lb capacity at flat stick.

What does that mean? :unsure:

When the boom is extended all the way out to it's fullest and it is flat or at 0 deg's it is designed to pick up nothing but itself. When the boom is retracted in and your picking up and pushing a load straight up at 70 degrees you can push 10,000 lbs all the way to the full extention of the boom.