Stain & Scale Control Liquids

footie

According to waterbear, a metal sequestrant is only used if your water has metals. He also says that scale control chemicals are only needed if you have a CH over 400ppm.

I bought some "metal and scale control" manufactured by Brilliance and have not used it. Probably it was a waste of money as my city water does not have the problems that this product is designed to solve. However, I did get some entertainment value out of it: the label says that it will "moisturize spa water".

If your water does not have metals, you calcium hardness is not too high, you don't let your pH spike high (the main reason stains and scale deposits form!), and you have not had any stain or scaling then you don't need it. Most people don't.

If you need it you need to be adding it weekly to monthly.

they use it with the brillance because that system tends to push up the PH, and many people do not check their water chemistry as much as they should, so it prevents issues, and yes, the soy proteins to moisturize the water is funny. I think they may need to reword that, have to point that one out to the sales rep and see what he says!