Newer Vs 2-3 Yr Old Jacuzzi Models

scubaspa

I'm considering purchasing a 2-3 yr old Jacuzzi j470. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me the difference if any between the new generation and older models? I know that the stereo is different but that is not a major concern. I would pass on the stereo on the new one anyways and just do my own, but is there any major difference between the filtration or quality of the control system, etc? Thanks.

Scubes

I'm considering purchasing a 2-3 yr old Jacuzzi j470. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me the difference if any between the new generation and older models? I know that the stereo is different but that is not a major concern. I would pass on the stereo on the new one anyways and just do my own, but is there any major difference between the filtration or quality of the control system, etc? Thanks.

Scubes

The new J-470 will have the newest control pakage called the J-1000 system. and they are alot more user friendly than the older models.

• 2 weeks later...

i think you have that backwards n1oty. the j1000 has been virtually trouble free. 06-09 boards had bad capacitors from the supplier in them, jacuzzi has since fixed that problem.

I will mention that warranties are non-transferable.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Jacuzzi does not have a J-1000 here in the US. Maybe this is something they sell outside the US. And I stand by my statement. We are seeing significantly higher failure rates of boards from the higher tier tubs for model years 2010 and 2011. Between the dealer's in-house techs and myself, we have changed out over 30 boards out of 60-odd high tier tubs sold in this time frame. It may be a fluke and we are not sure what the issue is, but it has been happening. In a couple of cases, replacement boards have failed also.

John

the J1000 is the control system for the J400 series, 2010+. It has an LCD color display. The 06-09 J400 has an LED large oval display, these tubs have circuit board issues because of capacitor bulge, which is actually a supplier problem that affected everyone using these specific caps. I was just at Jacuzzi Technical training and the fella teaching it specifically told us they have only had to change out a handful of the control panels (boards).