Vita Spa Advice

cookster

Hi

I am new to the forum I have been surfing it for a while. I am wanting to buy a spa and have considered several makes Hotsprings Marquis and more recently Vita in particular the Chateau L700 series model. it seems the features and build quality are the same or similar to me although the insulation method in the vita did not appear as robust as others I wondered what you guys thought of Vita, I live in the UK and there is not as much feedback on them as some of the other makes. Thanks in advance :)

Hi

I am new to the forum I have been surfing it for a while. I am wanting to buy a spa and have considered several makes Hotsprings Marquis and more recently Vita in particular the Chateau L700 series model. it seems the features and build quality are the same or similar to me although the insulation method in the vita did not appear as robust as others I wondered what you guys thought of Vita, I live in the UK and there is not as much feedback on them as some of the other makes. Thanks in advance :)

The last I heard, Vita went belly up. I have information that indicates Maax took over the Vita Baths division, which makes jetted bathtubs. I do not know whether Maax or anyone else bought up the spa division. If they have, then it will simply be a re-branded Maax.

John

On studying some promotional material from them I see that the MAAX company appear to have taken over the spa division they are based in Hollywood Florida according to the brochure

I thought Maxx bought the name/molds and moved it to Arizona with their product. I'm not sure if anything changed.

To the best of my knowledge when Maax took over they switched the electronics from CE (Consumer's Electronics) to Balboa. I think that was about it.

i used to sell them about 10 years ago..my cousin still has his but has had quite abit of trouble with their circ pumps and circuit boards frying. I always thought they were decent when i sold them, but a couple years down the road the opinions are not the same

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend buying a Vita spa to my worst enemy. We've had one for 5 years and it has been out of service at a minimum 15 times. We were dumb enough to purchase the top of the line Rendezvous - it is awesome for up to a week at a time but then you're done. The control panels had been replaced 7 times until the service rep finally disabled one altogether and said that it would never work. as for the other one that we had to use, it was a disaster as well and no longer functions either. we're looking at a sundance now - my parents had two for over 10 years each and there was never a problem. i was sucked in by all of the extra jets on the vita's. horrible, horrible, horrible.

• 8 years later...