Prehistoric Hot Tub

PLMCCUT

Hello.

I have a 20 year old (1991) Freedom Spas (Master Spas I think) Concorde that I was able to resurrect. I am now having some problems and am having trouble finding a schematic for the controller. I replaced the pump/heater/ozonator. The controller is a

Brett Aqualine

Model EM-703

Catalog No 26-7366TWX-C-U-FT

It looks like somebody may have modified the controller as the thermostat is not very accurate and the tub can heat up well past 104 F . This has not been a problem. The pump would also not start when it should and just hum. Rotating the shaft a little and trying again or switching to high speed then low speed would usually get the pump going. Again this has not been a problem.

The problem that keeps us out of the tub now is that the pump tries to run on high and low speed at the same time. Also one relay coil is receiving 245 volts and another is closer to 90 volts.

Anyway I would love to keep the tub (as opposed to buying a new one) and limp along a little longer. If I can't get it going I'm afraid all the time and money I have sunk in it will be sunk. My hope is to obtain a schematic for the controller to trace the circuits and get this antique (with all 8 jets) functional once more.

Thanks for anything you can do.

Phil

Hello.

I have a 20 year old (1991) Freedom Spas (Master Spas I think) Concorde that I was able to resurrect. I am now having some problems and am having trouble finding a schematic for the controller. I replaced the pump/heater/ozonator. The controller is a

Brett Aqualine

Model EM-703

Catalog No 26-7366TWX-C-U-FT

It looks like somebody may have modified the controller as the thermostat is not very accurate and the tub can heat up well past 104 F . This has not been a problem. The pump would also not start when it should and just hum. Rotating the shaft a little and trying again or switching to high speed then low speed would usually get the pump going. Again this has not been a problem.

The problem that keeps us out of the tub now is that the pump tries to run on high and low speed at the same time. Also one relay coil is receiving 245 volts and another is closer to 90 volts.

Anyway I would love to keep the tub (as opposed to buying a new one) and limp along a little longer. If I can't get it going I'm afraid all the time and money I have sunk in it will be sunk. My hope is to obtain a schematic for the controller to trace the circuits and get this antique (with all 8 jets) functional once more.

Thanks for anything you can do.

Phil

The old Brett Aqualine controllers were quite robust, but it usually takes decent tech skills to service. Wannabe techs need not apply. Schematics may be available from Allied Innovations. Google them and give them a call. It sounds like your motor needs to be replaced anyway. The thermostat going over-temp is common with that style as they age. Replacement thermostats are readily available. If your pack used a CSC Sequencing Switch, a lot of these are no longer manufactured. If you don't have a Sequencer, everything else you may need should be available.

John

The old Brett Aqualine controllers were quite robust, but it usually takes decent tech skills to service. Wannabe techs need not apply. Schematics may be available from Allied Innovations. Google them and give them a call. It sounds like your motor needs to be replaced anyway. The thermostat going over-temp is common with that style as they age. Replacement thermostats are readily available. If your pack used a CSC Sequencing Switch, a lot of these are no longer manufactured. If you don't have a Sequencer, everything else you may need should be available.

John

Thanks John. It does have a CSC Sequencing Switch and I see they are expensive (about 200$). I will contact Allied Innovations about a schematic. If it needs too much work/$s do you have any advice or suggestions on a replacement controller. I am considering creating one from scratch.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted

Phil