2011 Sundance Cameo

Hi, I am fairly new to hot tubs, the first hot tub I bought was the limelight flair, 1.5 years ago, it was a ok hot tub, but not very good in therapy,plus 7 jets fell out, had to be replaced and a led light, under warranty so no problem, but it just was not working for me, i paid $7,000.00 for it, I sold it for $4000.00 and decided to start looking for the hot tub, I would own for the next 15 years, I did all the research and keeping in mind, that a dealer with a good reputation who was relatively close to me was important and the quality and backing of a major corporation. It came down to the Hot Springs Envoy and Sundance Cameo, I ended up choosing the 2011 Sundance Cameo, I paid, $10,800 for cover and lifter (the bottom lifter,covermate II) ,ozonator, 60 inch steps, not the cheap plastic, but a wood composite (same color as my tub) , extra micron filter, startup chemicals, delivery, price listed, includes NY tax, this state sucks as far as prices..........after wet testing the sundance and hot springs many times and many different models, just could not justify the hot spring jets to the Sundance, I felt the Sundance jets to be much better....anyway, before I write a novel, I would appreciate any and all comments on ,if I got a good deal and will this tub be the iron horse, I think it will be....all comments appreciated.....thanks Kurt. I think both were good tubs, but like I said, after wet testing, I just felt the Sundance was much more comfortable and therapeutic..... I just hope its quality is good as I think it will be....

Hi, I am fairly new to hot tubs, the first hot tub I bought was the limelight flair, 1.5 years ago, it was a ok hot tub, but not very good in therapy,plus 7 jets fell out, had to be replaced and a led light, under warranty so no problem, but it just was not working for me, i paid $7,000.00 for it, I sold it for $4000.00 and decided to start looking for the hot tub, I would own for the next 15 years, I did all the research and keeping in mind, that a dealer with a good reputation who was relatively close to me was important and the quality and backing of a major corporation. It came down to the Hot Springs Envoy and Sundance Cameo, I ended up choosing the 2011 Sundance Cameo, I paid, $10,800 for cover and lifter (the bottom lifter,covermate II) ,ozonator, 60 inch steps, not the cheap plastic, but a wood composite (same color as my tub) , extra micron filter, startup chemicals, delivery.......after wet testing the sundance and hot springs many times and many different models, just could not justify the hot spring jets to the Sundance, I felt the Sundance jets to be much better....anyway, before I write a novel, I would appreciate any and all comments on ,if I got a good deal and will this tub be the iron horse, I think it will be....all comments appreciated.....thanks Kurt. I think both were good tubs, but like I said, after wet testing, I just felt the Sundance was much more comfortable and therapeutic..... I just hope its quality is good as I think it will be....

While in my opinion they are a bit overpriced unless purchased right and I do not care for their proprietory parts (harder to get for me, an independent) Sundance makes a very solid product that I have seen last for 15 plus years. The have a reputation of good manufacturer to dealer support which usualy results in good consumer support by the dealer. I prefer the openess of the Majesta or the Optima but your preference has nothing to do with me.

I like the 2011 Cameo. Like it enough, that I bought one myself last weekend. I had shopped for nearly a year and looked seriously at HS, Arctic, and Sundance. I agree with you...for the theruptic factor, I enjoyed the Sundances the most...the 880 series anyway. Im confident that we bought a top quality tub, and feel good about the dealer, and the Manufacturer as well. Ive been told, many times, that prices vary across the country, but you didnt get a bad deal. You paid more than some, but less than others. I haven taken delivery yet, so cant comment on durability/longevity yet, so I too hope its an iron horse. Based on my research, I think the Cameo has a better chance than most to be that, and just as good a chance as any.

Last March I bought a 2005 Sundance Optima and could not be more pleased. It's hard to believe this tub is six years old and it looks as good as new. I think you made a very good choice. About 15 years ago I did own a Hot Springs also and had no complaints whatsoever with it either. Can't see where you would have gone wrong with either one, so you got the one that feels best to you and that's what counts.

• 4 weeks later...

We have loved our Sundance for the last 3 years. no problems (untill i moved it. that was my falt not Sundances.),we have a Marin not a Cameo. I researched spas for about a year and decided Sundance thinks it out better than the rest. Keep up the maintenance and it will last a long time.

We bought a 2010 Cameo last fall and were in it this whole horrible winter. No problems with it at all from set up to now. Looked around at a bunch of tubs and tried out many. The lounge for me is superb and would enjoy it even if I would not have had 4 back surgeries. Only 4 in our family so lounge does not compromise the total space. Price was better in the fall; but we really did not start looking until late summer so we just got lucky with a good price at close out time. Lots of good info here and did much research. Good price or not; we still were going to settle on the Cameo. You should love it!