06 Calspa Excesive Power Use

PalmerHerm

Hi everyone, I first joined this site about 3 months ago, when I installed a 06 calspa in my home and had problems with my electric bill tripling. It was right before winter and I did have elec. heat running for 1 month and the tub not in EC for the first 2 months. During the the end of Nov. I put all energy efficient light bulbs in my home and started puting the tub in EC and quite using my baseboard heaters in the 2 bedrooms and the next month the bill was even higher. I have talked with my power supplier 3 times and they say that I have a problem inside my house, possibly a open neutral and I had to have a electrician come and fix it. I had a electrician come out,again(even though I have been in construction for 12yrs and had a master electrician out hear 2 months earlier). He found no problems in the house, read 4 amps at the panel with tub in EC, and 28/leg with it running. The tub says 40amp max.. 28 amps per leg for 220v is 56 amps is it not?..according to his and my calculations it is using about 1200-1800kw/hr per month. So my question is wtf could be causing this??....please help, thanks

thats what I thought as well, but he says its 28amps per leg with a 220volt feed, thus using two 50amp fuses and 2 legs@ 28amps per leg...idk about this electrician, but like I said I have been in general construction in this area for 12yrs and have worked many jobs,res. and and com., with this company. Either way, I..idk, I dont know what to do anymore...my electrical usuage was almost 3500kw/hrs last month and ther are no known electrical problems..ie open neutral. I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but would an open neutral on the service providers end cause this?

thats what I thought as well, but he says its 28amps per leg with a 220volt feed, thus using two 50amp fuses and 2 legs@ 28amps per leg...idk about this electrician, but like I said I have been in general construction in this area for 12yrs and have worked many jobs,res. and and com., with this company. Either way, I..idk, I dont know what to do anymore...my electrical usuage was almost 3500kw/hrs last month and ther are no known electrical problems..ie open neutral. I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but would an open neutral on the service providers end cause this?

Drain and shut off the tub for a month and see what your houshold usage is.

I have only lived in this house for 10months.. electric use as follows: 7/5/10-720kw/hrs...8/5/10-756kw/hrs...9/3/10-627kw/hrs...10/5/10-1031kw/hrs, I installed the tub 9/15...11/4/10-964kw/hrs...12/7/10-2225kw/hrs...1/7/11-3005kw/hrs...2/4/11-3105kw/hrs...as I said before, my tub was not in EC for the first 2 months I installed it, so that would bring me to Nov., which you can see was low useage. I also was running 2 15 foot long baseboard heaters in them months and stopped using them in Nov. I continue to conserve electric all around my home, and the bill continues to rise..last month I drained the tub and cleaned it, it was off for 10 days, and my bill was still even higher than the month before..3200kw/hrs!!?? I seen welding shops run with less of an electric bill?