Used Spa Values

I hope the experts out there can assist me.

I am moving out of state and am planning to sell my 2007 Caldera Geneva Spa to a friend and we are looking to understand what the fair market value is for this spa. Can anyone provide a fair market price guide for selling spas? If it matters, Spa is White Pearl / Coastal Grey w/steps, e z lift, waterfall, and has a brand new cover purchased less than 6 months ago. My contract also says it contain "I-beam braces supporting" not sure if that is relevant.

I would greatly appreciate any solid advice on resale values that my friend and I can use as a starting point.

A professional opinion would depend on an actual examination. The Caldera Geneva from their Utopia series tub line is one of the finest tubs on the market. The problem is whether it has been abused chemically or not. If everything runs great and there are no signs of leakage/damage around pump seals, jets, circ pump, etc, then it retains good value. On the other hand, if there is leakage or staining in those areas, then value plummets. Can you post some pics for evaluation??

John

I am moving out of state and am planning to sell my 2007 Caldera Geneva Spa to a friend and we are looking to understand what the fair market value is for this spa. Can anyone provide a fair market price guide for selling spas? If it matters, Spa is White Pearl / Coastal Grey w/steps, e z lift, waterfall, and has a brand new cover purchased less than 6 months ago. My contract also says it contain "I-beam braces supporting" not sure if that is relevant.

I would greatly appreciate any solid advice on resale values that my friend and I can use as a starting point.

assuming everything is operational with no excessive wear and tear most newer used tubs tend to go in the 30-50% of what you paid for it range, and unless you plan on moving it yourself make sure you factor in the costs of paying someone to move it, perhaps factor that into the price then maybe reduce it if someone offers to pick it up themselves...good luck and be prepared to be lowballed :D esp. if your listing it on craigslist

Being 3+ years old I'd say 25-40% of its original price, depending on condition of spa, how good of a friend they are.

Good friend, however finding the fair market value is the goal as I will provide the friend discount to the value of the spa. I already spoke to the place that I purchased the spa from (purchased a pool from them as well) and they agreed to move it at cost. I will post some pictures (inside of the spa, correct?) The outside is surrounded by snow as the Lancaster area has been hit pretty hard this year. There has been no leaks and I am pretty nuts about making sure my chems are checked constantly so I expect no issues.