Watson's Selling 4.6 Million Facility

JOKERSOAKER

Watson's of Grand Rapids has their store building listed with Grubb and Ellis Paramount. The asking price is 4.6 million. I understand the building is owned by a Watson's executive in Ohio and currently leased to the gentleman that runs the store. Does anyone know if they're pulling out of Grand Rapids, MI all together or relocating somewhere else in Grand Rapids?

Thanks Joe

Watson's of Grand Rapids has their store building listed with Grubb and Ellis Paramount. The asking price is 4.6 million. I understand the building is owned by a Watson's executive in Ohio and currently leased to the gentleman that runs the store. Does anyone know if they're pulling out of Grand Rapids, MI all together or relocating somewhere else in Grand Rapids?

Thanks Joe

Somebody has to know something on this?

They're in your neck of the woods; we're expecting YOU to let US know!! Are they your main competition?

I'm working on it. They're telling customers that their relocating in Grand Rapids, but I don't buy it. How would they sell anything if they said they're pulling out of Grand Rapids, they wouldn't so, they would have to have some BS story for why their 100,000 sq. ft. building is for sale.

I'm working on it. They're telling customers that their relocating in Grand Rapids, but I don't buy it. How would they sell anything if they said they're pulling out of Grand Rapids, they wouldn't so, they would have to have some BS story for why their 100,000 sq. ft. building is for sale.

... or they could be telling the truth. :P

I recently purchased a spa through Watson's and our sales person told us they're looking into building a new store at a better location. They're looking to sell the building, if not use it to lease part of the store as well as use it as a warehouse for their new store.

S.Richards

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a spa through Watson's and our sales person told us they're looking into building a new store at a better location. They're looking to sell the building, if not use it to lease part of the store as well as use it as a warehouse for their new store.

S.Richards

S.Richards49 congrads on your new spa purchase. I'm very surprised we've never met. Did you get a chance to do some comparison shopping or did you simply buy the first spa you saw? S.Richards if your sales person told you the building is for sale because they're leaving/pulling out of Grand Rapids, would you still have purchased from Watson's? Probably not, right? I have associates at several major title companies as well as the Kent Co. Register of Deeds and no pending sales or recent transactions are in the works involving Watson's GR Properties LLC. Most companies don't put on the market 4.6 million dollar buildings before they have a replacement location bought or pending sale in the works. Soon as they find a buyer they have 6 months to leave according to their listing agent "Jeb" at Grubb and Ellis. S.Richards your telling me they will complete a new building in 6 months? S.Richards what Watson's do you work at?

S.Richards49 congrads on your new spa purchase. I'm very surprised we've never met. Did you get a chance to do some comparison shopping or did you simply buy the first spa you saw? S.Richards if your sales person told you the building is for sale because they're leaving/pulling out of Grand Rapids, would you still have purchased from Watson's? Probably not, right? I have associates at several major title companies as well as the Kent Co. Register of Deeds and no pending sales or recent transactions are in the works involving Watson's GR Properties LLC. Most companies don't put on the market 4.6 million dollar buildings before they have a replacement location bought or pending sale in the works. Soon as they find a buyer they have 6 months to leave according to their listing agent "Jeb" at Grubb and Ellis. S.Richards your telling me they will complete a new building in 6 months? S.Richards what Watson's do you work at?

LOL, even if you suspect he may work for them there is also the chance that he is just a poster.

At times, this board is almost more entertainment that I can take!

I love it when someone posts a question, then gets an answer that he or she doesn't like, and then proceeds to accuse the responder of being a secret agent of their enemy (real or supposed). On some days, we've got more conspiracy theories going on here than a JFK website!

Its a crazy little world here, but I love it! :)

At times, this board is almost more entertainment that I can take! Its a crazy little world here, but I love it! :)

Just be glad nobody has asked what kind of insulation the building has.

B)

Joker,

I actually did quite a bit of shopping both online and in a few stores. I then weighed my options and wet tested a couple spas and purchased the best one for my family. Mind if I ask why you seem to know or let alone care so much about Watson's?

By the way, my name is Steve. Yours?

Thanks.

SRichards49

Joker,

I actually did quite a bit of shopping both online and in a few stores. I then weighed my options and wet tested a couple spas and purchased the best one for my family. Mind if I ask why you seem to know or let alone care so much about Watson's?

By the way, my name is Steve. Yours?

Thanks.

SRichards49

I'm surprised you never west tested the number one selling brand in West Michigan at the number one dealer in spas sales in West Michigan with over 5000 customers and growing and in same location for 11 years, not 2 years. Now this is just my opinion Steve but, don't you think it would have been smarter to wet test the largest spa dealer before you made a choice? I care about customers being misled by a out of town based company with a 4.6 million dollar building for sale. The fact that nothing was purchased by WATSONS GR PROPERTIES LLC before they put their store building on the market and no pending sales for a location or new building in the works, should raise questions in a smart persons thought process. I'll ask you again Steve, would you still have bought if they told you they were leaving Grand Rapids? Yes or no? Did you research their BBB report and find the 3 complaints? 3 complaints is more than anyone else. 3 complaints is alot especially for a store that is the 3rd slowest in spa sales out of all the Watson's. I'm JOE and good luck on your purchase.

Let's see......attacking a consumer for his purchase decision.......essentially telling him he's stupid.....attacking the competition...... It reminds me of someone else, but I just can't put my finger on it. Give me a few minutes....

Hey SRichards49: Congratulations on your tub purchase. Get in that sucker, relax, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Joe,

After looking for the most reputable brands on the market, I chose to shop those brands and trust the information I heard from those companies. It seemed to me that Watson's happens to be the largest dealer in the greater Grand Rapids area with quality of brands as well as choices in products. I'm sorry I didn't spend my time researching the Better Business Beaureu in Grand Rapids. I trust the local businesses in our area that they are doing what's best for both they're company and more importantly their customers. However, you did bring up a valid point of 3 complaints. I expect for a store of that size with the volume of business they're doing 3 complaints doesn't hold much validity to the quality of business they operate.

What I do know Joe is that I'm very happy with the investment I made. I'm curious if I may ask you what company you happen to work for and what brands you happen to sell. I sense the confidence you speak with, I'm wondering if I had visited your store and chose not to purchase.

Looking forward to your reply,

SRichards49

Joe,

After looking for the most reputable brands on the market, I chose to shop those brands and trust the information I heard from those companies. It seemed to me that Watson's happens to be the largest dealer in the greater Grand Rapids area with quality of brands as well as choices in products. I'm sorry I didn't spend my time researching the Better Business Beaureu in Grand Rapids. I trust the local businesses in our area that they are doing what's best for both they're company and more importantly their customers. However, you did bring up a valid point of 3 complaints. I expect for a store of that size with the volume of business they're doing 3 complaints doesn't hold much validity to the quality of business they operate.

What I do know Joe is that I'm very happy with the investment I made. I'm curious if I may ask you what company you happen to work for and what brands you happen to sell. I sense the confidence you speak with, I'm wondering if I had visited your store and chose not to purchase.

Looking forward to your reply,

SRichards49

You might have visited our store. You didn't wet test. I'm still curious why you wouldn't wet test the number one selling brand in West Michigan. "I expect for a store of that size with the volume of business they're doing 3 complaints doesn't hold much validity to the quality of business they operate." Steve said. SRichards if their doing such a great volume of business as you suggested then why is their store building for sale? LOL I'm sorry you failed to research the BBB before your major purchase, most people do. So in your mind the BBB isn't something to research? Interesting thought. What's the whole purpose of the BBB? None of the 9 spa dealers in Grand Rapids carried Cal Spa or Caldera before Watsons came to Grand Rapids. I wonder why? Seems to me Watson's of Grand Rapids acquired the spa brands that were the only ones left not carried by another dealer. You must of did a better job researching spa brands than all the other spa dealers in Grand Rapids who buy thousands of tubs and you bought just one. I know I must cause some doubts in your mind on your investment you made because of your replies. Didn't mean to make you feel bad about your investment, just thought you should know all the facts.