High Ph After Refill

Redbone2874

Ok, here is my situation I just changed my water I had yellow flakes when I drained it and when I was filling it up they returned. I got rid of them. I added my Calcium Hardness Increaser, Chlorine and my Shock l let some hours pass came back to it and my pH is at 8.0 this is the first time this has happen for me usually I can balance this all out quite well. I figured just let it all settle down come back to it tomorrow. I tested it today and it is still at an 8.0 I added about 6 ozs of Sodium Bisulfate in 1 oz measurements and it still haven't moved. What is going on? What can I add to it to bring it down? I'm out of Sodium Bisulfate, is there anything that works better? My numbers are Cl is 5, TA 90, Calcium 350, and CYA is at 30.

If your TA is 90 you should have no problem getting your pH below 8.0. However, if your fill water began with a TA higher than that, the Alkalinity in the water will absorb any of the Sodium Bisulfate you add until it (the TA) lowers. High TA buffers the pH and allows it to resist acids. Now that your TA is good you should see your pH settle and react to your pH Decreaser.

I added my Calcium Hardness Increaser, Chlorine and my Shock l let some hours pass came back to it and my pH is at 8.0 this is the first time this has happen for me usually I can balance this all out quite well. I figured just let it all settle down come back to it tomorrow. I tested it today and it is still at an 8.0 I added about 6 ozs of Sodium Bisulfate in 1 oz measurements and it still haven't moved. What is going on? What can I add to it to bring it down? I'm out of Sodium Bisulfate, is there anything that works better? My numbers are Cl is 5, TA 90, Calcium 350, and CYA is at 30.

First how are you testing?

Second, what was the FC reading when you tested pH. High sanitizer levels can give you a false high reading on pH because of chemical interference and with some test kits this can be with FC as low as 3 ppm! Better test kits can handle FC levels up to around 10 ppm before the results are not accurate.

Third, how many gallons is your spa?