Are These Re-Plaster Terms Normal?

SquashPro

I recently signed a contract to have my pool re-plastered with WetEdge Altima. A few days after signing the contract I received an agreement in the mail from the plaster company. The agreement was for me to sign and return and is basically a disclaimer. Part of the disclaimer states that the plasterer is not responsible for color variations or mottling of colored surfaces over time. I'm getting white plaster so I'm not as concerned with this section of the disclaimer as I am with the following section:

"Crazing (check and hairline cracks) may be noticeable and may be more pronounced with colored plaster. Due to atmospheric conditions (humidity, temperature, etc.) during plastering, light and/or dark streaks (a marbleized appearance) may appear in the plaster and may be more pronounced on a cloudy day or at night with the pool light on."

My original white plaster never had any cracks during its 18 year lifetime and I really don't want cracks with the re-plaster. The plaster will be installed in April when the average outdoor temperature range is for 74 degree highs and 50 degree lows. So the plaster will not be installed in super hot weather. I'm wondering if this is a standard disclaimer with all plasterers and if I should be concerned with signing the agreement. Is crazing and cracking an indication that the plasterer did not do a quality job? Any comments?

You will find that disclaimer with pretty much anyone you choose. That is so the plasterer won't be held responsible for any condition that may arise after he leaves, and before your pool fills up (like sustained direct sunlight on dry plaster). If you don't plaster on a really hot day, or let it fill back up too slowly (do you have weak water pressure?), you should be OK.

Even white pools will have mottling, but it is usually a white color, thats why it is less pronounced with white pools.