Why?

Tubs

Hello

I recently bought a home that has a hot tub in the basement??? it is currently running off a hot water tank. I would like to move the tub outside, as you can imagine the condensation and smell in the house is ridiculous. Is there anyway of eliminating running it off the hot water tank? Cheaply! And of course I know nothing so any ideas or operating advice would be appreciated. Winter is cold in Canada!!!

My suggestions: 1) Give a title to your post that lets folks know what you're talking about. "Why" is a question for a Philosophy Exam.

2) Give some info: What sort/size of tub are you talking? When you say it runs off a hot water tank you mean?

--Baffled, but I can see why you have no other responses yet.

Photos would be great as well, have you given thought to logistics, ie what the exit strategy is? Chain sawing the wall?

Photos can be hosted at http://www.photobucket.com, it is free.

The hot tub is run on a separate household hot water tank.

The hot tub sits four people to five people.

The exit strategy is removing one small wall at the bottom of the basement stairs.

my problem is that I would like to run the hot tub with a inline heater instead of having to plumb pipes to the outside of the house.

By the time you get the tub outside, equipped, insulated, and functional with the wall back, you would be money ahead to just buy a new spa and hack the old one up into carryable pieces and pitch them outside one at a time.

Use wa Sawzall reciprocating saw and lennox wrecking blades.

Photos would be great as well, have you given thought to logistics, ie what the exit strategy is? Chain sawing the wall?

Photos can be hosted at http://www.photobucket.com, it is free.

The hot tub is run on a separate household hot water tank.

The hot tub sits four people to five people.

The exit strategy is removing one small wall at the bottom of the basement stairs.

my problem is that I would like to run the hot tub with a inline heater instead of having to plumb pipes to the outside of the house.

A gas fired heater would be an option but, you still have the insulation issue as you need to feed the water into the tub and extract it. You also need a gas supply out to the heater.