Fox Pools

phil853

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to get some opinions on Fox Vinyl Liner Inground Swimming Pools. Does anyone own one or know about their quality? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

The Fox pool dealer near me was very expensive.

They are good quality, probably better than many pool systems. We too have a local Fox dealer, and they are expensive. All things being equal, it really comes down to the contractor's experience, knowledge and attention to detail.

I would make sure to explore other options thoroughly before deciding on a Fox Pool. Liner pools such as those get holes for

one, and fitting the pool with a sweep/cleaner that delivers more than mediocre performance is quite a challenge. IMO

Are you suggesting that Fox pools are especially susceptible to holes or are you just dismissing vinyl pools? Your advice isn't very helpful if his budget doesn't allow for a fiberglass or gunite pool. Well-maintained liners can last for several years, and when one must replace the liner and white goods, the upside is that they essentially have a new-looking pool. An automatic cleaner is not a necessity but a luxury - one that many would-be pool owners simply cannot afford. It takes me all of 15 minutes to thoroughly vacuum my 16x32 IG. I've also learned alot of tips and "tricks" from this forum and others, and my levels remain stable and my water absolutely sparkles from opening to closing throughout a 6-month season. I would be willing to compare my water quality to anyone's.

For that dough, the OP could have a nice steel wall pool sunk in the ground with a deck, and if and when the liner needs to

be replaced it won't take a mortgage Re-Fi to do it. (Fox liners like to leak at the step area when they do leak)

Liner pools are fine, I had one for a while......Fox pools are just too much for what you get IMO. The nice thing though, is

if one doesn't want to endure a liner replacement, they can be re-finished with fiberglass. ;)

For that dough, the OP could have a nice steel wall pool sunk in the ground with a deck, and if and when the liner needs to

be replaced it won't take a mortgage Re-Fi to do it. (Fox liners like to leak at the step area when they do leak)

Liner pools are fine, I had one for a while......Fox pools are just too much for what you get IMO. The nice thing though, is

if one doesn't want to endure a liner replacement, they can be re-finished with fiberglass. ;)

To quote Carl Spackler, my response was "a little harsh." Agreed, Fox pools are over-priced for the liner market. An area supplier just had an inventory sale and I bought replacement returns eyeballs, drain covers, skimmer plates and gaskets. I'll keep them in storage for a future re-lining, hopefully no sooner than 6-7 years...

Price is relative. If the return on investment is worth it to the purchaser. I see many Lexus autos on the road when a Chevy would get you there & back just as well. In many industries, a more expensive dealer supports the product far better than a less expensive dealer. There are far too many stories in this forum of "inexpensive/cheap" installations that have become nightmares because of poor dealer support. If price is the only factor, buyer beware!