Buying Sundance Hawthorne

Mike0503

ok, electricians came and three bids are in the works and two concrete bids are in the works. Will have my pad and electric done way before the tub is here so there will be no problems. 10x10 slab for a 8x8 tub, glad I am choosing the concrete after reading and just doing some homework on it...

ok, electricians came and three bids are in the works and two concrete bids are in the works. Will have my pad and electric done way before the tub is here so there will be no problems. 10x10 slab for a 8x8 tub, glad I am choosing the concrete after reading and just doing some homework on it...

Funny how some folks will spend thousands on a tub and get cheap with the install, but then again, some folks would buy a Cadillac and park it in the mud.

Hello, Newbie here to this site I am finally ready to buy and would like to get some feedback from some of you that may have a Sundance hottub. If anyone has a Hawthorne and how they like it? how its working and so forth. THanks for any and all feedback

Hey Mike,

I bought a Hawthorne a little over 12 months ago - with all the 'extra' upgrades like yourself. Paid about $6,300 exc tax, so your price sounds pretty reasonable. I went for the oyster shell with coastal cabinet. Had a 8'6" x 8' 6" concrete pad poured, with a 60A electric supply (60A allows you to run both pumps, plus heater all at once).

This is my first tub so I can't honestly compare it to any other brands, but so far I'm very happy with it and the dealer support. Nothing has gone wrong with it so far, and I only have a couple of (very minor) 'negatives'...

1. There aren't enough drink holders, but the flat top of the waterfall comes in handy for that!

2. One or two of the LED lights have gotten out of color sync, but I rarely use them so not a biggie for me.

Anyway, congratulations, you won't go far wrong with a Sundance.

Hello, Newbie here to this site I am finally ready to buy and would like to get some feedback from some of you that may have a Sundance hottub. If anyone has a Hawthorne and how they like it? how its working and so forth. THanks for any and all feedback

Hey Mike,

I bought a Hawthorne a little over 12 months ago - with all the 'extra' upgrades like yourself. Paid about $6,300 exc tax, so your price sounds pretty reasonable. I went for the oyster shell with coastal cabinet. Had a 8'6" x 8' 6" concrete pad poured, with a 60A electric supply (60A allows you to run both pumps, plus heater all at once).

This is my first tub so I can't honestly compare it to any other brands, but so far I'm very happy with it and the dealer support. Nothing has gone wrong with it so far, and I only have a couple of (very minor) 'negatives'...

1. There aren't enough drink holders, but the flat top of the waterfall comes in handy for that!

2. One or two of the LED lights have gotten out of color sync, but I rarely use them so not a biggie for me.

Anyway, congratulations, you won't go far wrong with a Sundance.

Thanks for the feedback, I am really looking forward to it arriving. I have not owned one prior myself but have many friends with all kinds of tubs so this will be great to have my own. Keep me posted with how you and your tub are doing, stay in hot water....

Well electrician was here today and knocked out the 220 50amp line run in just a few hours and man o man did a great job came in under bid and even better news. Dealer called and said tub will be here this week on a truck and head here, will be in hot water this week, good thing all is ready.... Cant wait.

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/steeldavidson/IMG_1154.jpg[/img]"]My linkIMG_1154.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/steeldavidson/IMG_1150.jpg[/img]"]My linkIMG_1150.jpg

Hot tub came today, and had to have a crane drop it in the back yard, but lucky for me I know the owner of the crane company, LOL ok now to work on the landscaping, dont look at the mop hanging there, or the miscolored fencing. But the tub is here, YES

Looks great Mike - now just wire it up and fill it with water!

Just out of curiosity, why did you elect to put your tub in the corner of your pad, and not central? Or is it not yet in it's final place?

I put it there so I could walk around the control panel side and the other side to get in really, just thought it would be easy no real reason. Electrician should be here friday and will start the fill up :D :D

Looks like you'll have the same issue that I will have - neighbors getting a full monty shot over the fence :P I'm going in the tub naked 95% of the time. If they choose to look over, that is their choice!

Wow, thats a lot of information 95% to much, LOL :blink: but ya its further than it appears to be though. and the spa cover lift will block that side also. The landscaping plans are to have tall aspen trees on that side also.. :D