Delivery Charge For Replacement Spa

MPH

My husband and I have purchased an Arctic Spa Kodiak hot tub in Mississauga, ON that has a crack in the shell that can not be detected. This has been an ongoing issue that is too long to post. The company has agreed to replace my tub since it is still under waranty, but I'm on the hook for a $730 plus tax delivery charge. Is this common practice? Has someone had their tub recently replaced and been charged for delivery while still under waranty.

My husband and I have purchased an Arctic Spa Kodiak hot tub in Mississauga, ON that has a crack in the shell that can not be detected. This has been an ongoing issue that is too long to post. The company has agreed to replace my tub since it is still under waranty, but I'm on the hook for a $730 plus tax delivery charge. Is this common practice? Has someone had their tub recently replaced and been charged for delivery while still under waranty.

I will tell you that in the rare event this happens to our spas this fee is covered by the manufacture. I am guessing Arctic will not cover this fee. I know this is not really a answer for you sorry for that. Although I am curious as to see how other manufactures handle this.

this is bogus. check with your local BBB and see what is up with this ask them to show you in writing on this in your warranty.speak to a lawyer maybe

Is your hot tub enclosed in a deck or hard to get at spot? Also does that cover disconnecting the unit?

Is your hot tub enclosed in a deck or hard to get at spot? Also does that cover disconnecting the unit?

Hi, it is on a concrete slab in the backyard. Easy access. I believe this fee includes disconnecting and removing the old one and delivering and connecting the new one.

I will tell you that in the rare event this happens to our spas this fee is covered by the manufacture. I am guessing Arctic will not cover this fee. I know this is not really a answer for you sorry for that. Although I am curious as to see how other manufactures handle this.

Do you work for the manufacture?

When you are talking about a replacement spa under warranty you need to read the fine print of spa warranties. Most manufacturers cover there shells from 5 years up to lifetime. So they will fix or repair at there discretion, Some manufacturers make you pay the freight to and from the factory, Were Dbrilton is talking about BBB and sueing the company is a little far fetched in my opinion. We are fortunate with the manufacturer we have they cover freight. But again it is in everyones warranty. The problem is that consumers do not read their warranty, and salesman neglect to talk about it fearing they will lose the sale.

• 4 weeks later...

It clearly states in the Arctic Spas wraranty that should a spa be granted replacement, all removal and delivery costs are the responsibilty of the customer. It's there in black and white, but as with most warranties with any purchase we make, we very rarely take the time to read them.

I have never heard of any manufacturer paying for delivery or removal, and dealers often absorb the cost of deliv ery in the markup of the spa, and most dealers won't touch an electrical hookup line for any price, as only a 7B (residential maintainence)or higher licenced electrician can do that.

Be thrilled the manufacturer is replacing the spa, not all are that stalwart.

You should ask yourself...

Why should it be free?

• 6 months later...

Hello. My name is Peter and I am the owner/manager of Beachcomber Hot Tubs in Mississauga. To answer your question about the delivery charge, it is very common that hot tub stores will charge the customer for replacing the hot tub if it is under warranty because the manufacture doesn't provide compensation for anything but the hot tub itself. In a lot of cases, the manufacture can "reserve the right to replace the hot tub with one of equal value" meaning, it may not be the same model (one that MSRP is less $) or it could be a demo or used tub. The delivery charge being the customers responsibility is in written literature in almost every warranty/guarantee that exists on the hot tub market today (even Beachcomber). As you know it costs money to remove and deliver a new hot tub and some manufactures see quite a lot of shell defects so they have to charge the customer something or they can be at a big loss, especially if shell defects are a recurring theme.

Over the last 7 years as a beachcomber dealer, I have only sold 1 hot tub that had a shell defect. The tub was replaced 100% brand new ordered on rush. As a family business, I know all of my customers by face and first name and I opted to do the removal and delivery of the new hot tub with myself and 2 helpers at no charge. It's too tough to face people I know and ask them for money, when they bought a tub me are asking for help.

Beachcomber Hot Tubs. Connecting friends, family, and loved ones.