Help, 220 Breaker Tripped Last Night

cpuKEN

The wife and I went in for a soak last night. We've been averaging about 2-3 soaks per week here lately with the busy schedule and hot temps. We had only been in the tub for about 10 minutes when everything went down (we had the lights and the stereo on at the time). I examined the 220 breaker and it was tripped. I would try move the switch to the off position then back on but it will not stay in the own position. If I leave it in the off position for 10-15 seconds, I can then get it to go into the on position but it trips within 2 seconds every time. Now I'm not sure who to call, the spa store or the electrician. Any ideas what might be going on with this thing. (Sundance Hawthorne).

Thanks

Ken

I stopped in on my dealer to see what to do about the spa problem...

Finally talked with a tech (who was extremely busy and about to leave town) and explained the problem to him. He said it could be a variety of problems. He instructed me on how to remove the proper panel and try a few things then call him back. I removed the panel then unplugged the ozonator... breaker still trips. Didn't notice any water inside the cabinet (something else he told me to check). I gave him a call and thankfully,

my house is only about 5 miles from the dealer, he stopped by on his way to another appointment.

Turns out that Pump_One was a dead.

He drained the tub, replaced pump one and we were back in business.

Now I've just refilled the tub and trying to start the new-fill procedures.

Luckily, the tub was installed back around April so still under warranty... only a $50 trip charge.

Ken