How Often Is Too Often In The Hot Tub?

jwo

Hi there,

new to the forum, I just got my secondhand Arctic Fox installed, and the levels well balanced thanks to the advice of my local dealer and some extensive reading. I've gone the bromine route using the Onzen system.

I am obviously excited to have the hot tub, and am currently doing a 10-20 minute soak in the morning and another at night. I am curious if I am overdoing it?

I have a pretty stiff back for a man of 40, and am hoping this will help keep things loose and possibly cut back on chiropractor bills a bit. I am trying to use it largely for therapeutic reasons. It's nice that it feels good, but that is really secondary to managing pain/stiffness.

I've looked around here and elsewhere and have turned up nothing regarding overdoing it. Obviously, I don't want to soak much longer than 20 minutes at a time. But is there any health drawback to doing 2 soaks a day like this.

I also understand that this will mean more chemical maintenance on the tub, and I am Ok with that.

OK, thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Hi there,

new to the forum, I just got my secondhand Arctic Fox installed, and the levels well balanced thanks to the advice of my local dealer and some extensive reading. I've gone the bromine route using the Onzen system.

I am obviously excited to have the hot tub, and am currently doing a 10-20 minute soak in the morning and another at night. I am curious if I am overdoing it?

I have a pretty stiff back for a man of 40, and am hoping this will help keep things loose and possibly cut back on chiropractor bills a bit. I am trying to use it largely for therapeutic reasons. It's nice that it feels good, but that is really secondary to managing pain/stiffness.

I've looked around here and elsewhere and have turned up nothing regarding overdoing it. Obviously, I don't want to soak much longer than 20 minutes at a time. But is there any health drawback to doing 2 soaks a day like this.

I also understand that this will mean more chemical maintenance on the tub, and I am Ok with that.

Only you know how much is to much. We can't help you.

Some time ago we put the temperature up to maximum and were only able to stay in for about 10 minutes before we became uncomfortable. By setting the temperature a few degrees lower we can stay in for an hour or so easily if we want.

Yoy will know when it becomes uncomfortable and this is usually when the water temperature is set too high for you.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I was concerned that the salt might not be great for me.. But I honestly can't see myself spending more than an 30-60 min a day in the tub.

It sounds like I should lower the temp a few degrees, I started at 104 (too high!) and 98 seemed a little too low. I am guessing 100 or so will be perfect for summer in the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks again.

jwo

up here in the Pacific Norhwest is the greatest place to have a tub, winter time in the snow, summer time with the clear skies, cool spring time. we use are 4- 5times a week sometimes more than that, i generally in mine for 30 minutes....at this time have temp at 99. I thought the Onzen system was Arctics salt system. if it is why would you be using bromine,

jwo

up here in the Pacific Norhwest is the greatest place to have a tub, winter time in the snow, summer time with the clear skies, cool spring time. we use are 4- 5times a week sometimes more than that, i generally in mine for 30 minutes....at this time have temp at 99. I thought the Onzen system was Arctics salt system. if it is why would you be using bromine,

I may have my terminology wrong... I am using the Onzen system, I thought Salt/Bromine were one in the same. This hot tub was literally dropped in my lap, so I am learning about this whole thing rapidly. Following the instructions of the dealer and the Arctic literature.

Sounds like I have some more reading to do....

99/100 does seem just about perfect for this time of year.

This hot tub was literally dropped in my lap...

It was?!? Ouch!! :o I hope you sued the butter-fingered bastard that did that.

But seriously, you raised an interesting question with this post. I'm only in maybe thrice weekly but otherwise I wonder what a dermatologist might say about multiple-day uses, daily... That'd probably be the person to ask. Beyond perhaps excessive exposure to chemicals or maybe overly dried-out skin I can't imagine the muscular or circulatory treatments would be anything other than unceasingly helpful. Personally, I'm afraid it's impossible for me to use my tub every day. It isn't that it's detrimental to my skin or internal health it's just that I'd run out of booze. :P

Hi there,

this is personal preference, the higher the temperature the shorter the duration for safe hot tubbing. Fifteen minutes is the average rule at 100 degree water. As far as how many times a day you go in is completely up to you.

Premium Hot Tubs

Vernon Jacuzzi Experts

Vernon BC

premiumhottubs.ca