Great Texas Balloon Race & Spa Show!

East Texas Regional Airport is the PLACE TO BE!!!!

July 30- August 1, 2010

The Great Texas Balloon Race & Spa Show is put together by having manufacturers from all products such as hot tubs, portable spas, home spas, therapy spas, saunas and more to compete for your business all under one tent allowing YOU (the consumer) to compare the best deal....

Take the time to look at various brands. Ask about warranties as well as maintenance. A quality product will carry excellent warranties against defects that will cover the product with parts and labor....

Some manufacturers will hold product for a reasonable amount of time, but you may find it to your advantage to take delivery on it sooner for some manufacturers are selling products to move right away which saves you money....

Sit down in the shade, have a cold beer, ogle the hydrotherapy technicians....but don't you dare touch or miss out on this great opportunity! (Must be 21 years or older to drink beer)

Brands on display include Hot Spring, Tiger River, Hot Spot, Solana, Limelight, Sunlighten, Port-a-Cool, Country Coach, Shiner Bock and many, many more!!!!!

Is it wise advertising a spa show on this forum?

I dont care, but some will as they think that people should only buy a spa from a local dealer.

Not to fear...Local Dealers will be on hand to answer questions, schedule deliveries, and provide service after the sale!!!!

Don't Miss Out!

East Texas Regional Airport is the PLACE TO BE!!!!

July 30- August 1, 2010

The Great Texas Balloon Race & Spa Show is put together by having manufacturers from all products such as hot tubs, portable spas, home spas, therapy spas, saunas and more to compete for your business all under one tent allowing YOU (the consumer) to compare the best deal....

Take the time to look at various brands. Ask about warranties as well as maintenance. A quality product will carry excellent warranties against defects that will cover the product with parts and labor....

Some manufacturers will hold product for a reasonable amount of time, but you may find it to your advantage to take delivery on it sooner for some manufacturers are selling products to move right away which saves you money....

Sit down in the shade, have a cold beer, ogle the hydrotherapy technicians....but don't you dare touch or miss out on this great opportunity! (Must be 21 years or older to drink beer)

Brands on display include Hot Spring, Tiger River, Hot Spot, Solana, Limelight, Sunlighten, Port-a-Cool, Country Coach, Shiner Bock and many, many more!!!!!

lol do you write scripts for the traveling circus?

Actually, I cleaned up the spelling a bit. Utterly atrocious grammar is foisted upon anyone who happens to run across the original text. It is apparently written to appeal to a certain demographic (middle school graduates).

3 DAYS ONLY....DON'T MISS OUT OR I'LL KISS A PIG!!!!

Actually, I cleaned up the spelling a bit. Utterly atrocious grammar is foisted upon anyone who happens to run across the original text. It is apparently written to appeal to a certain demographic (middle school graduates).

3 DAYS ONLY....DON'T MISS OUT OR I'LL KISS A PIG!!!!

PLEASE POST PICS OF THE PIG KISS. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any admission price? What's the best time to go? How may spas will be there to look at? What price ranges?

$12 in advance, $15 at the gate for adults, childrens under 12 yo are FREE!

5 fantabulous spas will be on hand for test soaking. Prices range from $3900 up to so high I can't even write the number out of pure shame!

Best time to buy is late in the evening once the beer has taken hold of the salesman and EVERYONE is his friend!

Come one, come all! Buy a spa and I'll give you a six-pack of beer and an autographed picture suitable for framing!

Hurry....these offers won't last!

Is there any admission price? What's the best time to go? How may spas will be there to look at? What price ranges?

$12 in advance, $15 at the gate for adults, childrens under 12 yo are FREE!

5 fantabulous spas will be on hand for test soaking. Prices range from $3900 up to so high I can't even write the number out of pure shame!

Best time to buy is late in the evening once the beer has taken hold of the salesman and EVERYONE is his friend!

Come one, come all! Buy a spa and I'll give you a six-pack of beer and an autographed picture suitable for framing!

Hurry....these offers won't last!

Went to the Balloon Race and Spa Show.

The Balloons were very cool. The Spas were hot.

But you were right, the prices were high.

Really High. About $ 1000 more than I found for the same spas in Dallas.

We went there to save money and hopefully get a spa.

Also the attitudes of the people we spoke to were very bad.

You should tell them to spend less time putting down the competition.

In another post I asked if we should consider new and used and you stated :

A. to never buy a tub at a fair. sit in them, gather info and go home and do research-

So we didn't buy. Your salesperson got very rude and said we were stupid.

B. You said-People at the fair are high pressure and will tell you anything-

When we did more research- we found out many lies that the sale person said there.

C. You said you could get the same deal at the store as at the fair in the post-

We asked if we could get the same price at the store that was at the Balloon Race-

We were told no that you only had special pricing there.

D. You said in the post - not to give your contact info to the dealer- So we didn't

and the salesperson got rude with us. So we left.

We liked the hot spring spa, but the price seemed high for what you get compared to Cal Spa, Aries Spa ,Jacuzzi, Master Spa,Dimension Spa.

We live between Dallas and Tyler so we went to Coleman Backyard, Lone Star, Dolphin, Spa World, Rec Warehouse,Spa Warehouse and Aries Spas in the Metroplex.

We have ruled out Aries,Cal and Rec Warehouse...down to Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Master and Dimension.

The Hot Spring Dallas dealer Coleman said we are in their dealer territory because we are a little closer to them.

If we moved to Longview and brought the tub with us. Who would do the warranty work?

Also we found a 2007 Sovern Hot Springs that a neighbor wants to sell. Would there be 2 years left on that warranty?

Thanks

A. to never buy a tub at a fair. sit in them, gather info and go home and do research-

When we did more research- we found out many lies that the sale person said there.

C. You said you could get the same deal at the store as at the fair in the post-

We asked if we could get the same price at the store that was at the Balloon Race-

D. You said in the post - not to give your contact info to the dealer- So we didn't

We liked the hot spring spa, but the price seemed high for what you get compared to Cal Spa, Aries Spa ,Jacuzzi, Master Spa,Dimension Spa.

We live between Dallas and Tyler so we went to Coleman Backyard, Lone Star, Dolphin, Spa World, Rec Warehouse,Spa Warehouse and Aries Spas in the Metroplex.

We have ruled out Aries,Cal and Rec Warehouse...down to Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Master and Dimension.

The Hot Spring Dallas dealer Coleman said we are in their dealer territory because we are a little closer to them.

If we moved to Longview and brought the tub with us. Who would do the warranty work?

Also we found a 2007 Sovern Hot Springs that a neighbor wants to sell. Would there be 2 years left on that warranty?

Thanks

Oh my, that is terrible! Which salesperson did you speak with and I will look into this immediately?!

Term

Thanks

In regards to the warranty, last I checked the HS warranty in non transferable once it is sold, so there would not be a warranty. Most spa companies except for a few do NOT transfer the warranty once the spa is sold.

In regards to the warranty, last I checked the HS warranty in non transferable once it is sold, so there would not be a warranty. Most spa companies except for a few do NOT transfer the warranty once the spa is sold.

You're exactly right, Water Boy...warranties are non-transferable between owners.

Lifelong Longhorn, I need to know what day you were at the Balloon Race and who you spoke with so that I can resolve this situation. Thank you.

Term

Lifelong Longhorn, I've interviewed my staff that was at the Balloon Race and I've narrowed it down to four possibilities that could have spoken to you and your partner.

Was it:

A. The tall, younger guy wearing the Hawaiian shirt

B. The lady salesman

C. The fat, bald guy that talked about guns a lot

D. The fat guy with hair that talked mainly about fishing

You don't have to name names.

Also, which of the spas did you look at in our booth? Were you offered any beer? Were the hydrotherapy technicians friendly or did they make you feel uncomfortable while shopping?

Your continued interest is appreciated.

Term

Lifelong Longhorn, I've interviewed my staff that was at the Balloon Race and I've narrowed it down to four possibilities that could have spoken to you and your partner.

Was it:

A. The tall, younger guy wearing the Hawaiian shirt

B. The lady salesman

C. The fat, bald guy that talked about guns a lot

D. The fat guy with hair that talked mainly about fishing

You don't have to name names.

Also, which of the spas did you look at in our booth? Were you offered any beer? Were the hydrotherapy technicians friendly or did they make you feel uncomfortable while shopping?

Your continued interest is appreciated.

Term

I'd rather not name names, he could have had a bad day there. It was very hot.

We were not offered any beer, we don't drink. The sales person was friendly to start

and then not so friendly when they figured we weren't buying right then.

We were thinking of the Grandee or the Vista. We are going to sit in them dry and then

with water in Dallas this week.

Your price was about $1000 more than the Dallas dealer and I'll see if they try to up the price.

We are also going to try out the Jacuzzi, the Master and the Dimensions Spa this week.

My wife enjoys the shopping around thing more than most.

I'll let you know their pricing jumps.

Thanks

I'd rather not name names, he could have had a bad day there. It was very hot.

We were not offered any beer, we don't drink. The sales person was friendly to start

and then not so friendly when they figured we weren't buying right then.

We were thinking of the Grandee or the Vista. We are going to sit in them dry and then

with water in Dallas this week.

Your price was about $1000 more than the Dallas dealer and I'll see if they try to up the price.

We are also going to try out the Jacuzzi, the Master and the Dimensions Spa this week.

My wife enjoys the shopping around thing more than most.

I'll let you know their pricing jumps.

Thanks

I can CERTAINLY understand why you wouldn't want to name names....but don't worry, I know EXACTLY who you spoke with and I assure you that I will deal with him in the harshest manner possible!

However, I am shocked that you found our accommodations to be less than exemplary. Since you don't drink, our salesperson should have at least offered you a soft drink, tea, or a bottle of water.

I assume that you left before we served steaks and shrimp? We had the grills going in the evening and plenty of food for everyone as our tent was the biggest one we've ever had at this event.

Did any of our people even offer you a ride back to your car on one of our limo/golf carts? Everyone that shopped at our booth was given tickets for a free ride back to the parking area when they got ready to leave...I'm sorry if you had to walk (it's a loooonnnnggg way across the airport).

I truly hope that the Budweiser Girls were not offensive to your wife as they are only there to hand out brochures and invite people into the tent to look around. They usually act pretty good during the daytime, but get pretty wild at night!

Did you get your free Hot Spring golf cap? EVERYONE who stopped by the booth was given one as soon as they came through the door. If not, send me your address and I'll mail you a couple.

If it's no too much trouble to answer these questions, I would certainly appreciate it and can get this matter resolved today!

Thank you for your continued feedback.

Chris Ogden

Manager

East Texas Spa

Longview, TX

longtime longhorn.

I think you should go talk with Chris, he seems to be spot on, i think he is fair, and knows his stuff,even though he sells Hot Springs.....Hes not all bad....Since i am a D1 dealer up in the Northwest, Chris is not your typical used car(spa) salesman, Jacuzzi is a good line, stay away from Master, if you had read some of the threads on here we have posted... But seriously i would go talk to Chris........

I'm getting bored with all of this, so here's the truth:

Lifelong Longhorn's post is a complete lie. He is a dealer of a certain brand located a couple of hours away in Dallas and works with SpaTechSince79 running a traveling spa show in this area.

He never came to "The Balloon Race and Spa Show" as there was no such thing. There WAS the Great Texas Balloon Race and we did have a booth out there with some spas on display, but we were not there to sell any product. We have been sponsors of the show for 8 years and, as such, we are provided with a tent for our comfort. We keep the spas out there to sit in with our customers, drink beer, and maybe hand out some brochures.

I was the only salesperson there the entire weekend. I spoke to 4 people about spas and none of them was Lifelong Longhorn (who I've met and spoken with on 3 previous occasions and would recognize instantly). I gave away 6 brochures in two days. Anyone that was interested in talking about purchasing a spa was told this by me: "We are not selling anything at the Balloon Race. The spas are here for people to enjoy and so that my boss and I can come out here to smoke cigars, drink beer, and get away from our wives. If you're interested in buying a spa, come by the store next week. This is just a party."

One of Lifelong Longhorn's lies was about pricing. We gave out no prices, we had no contracts, and didn't even have pens or calculators. We were not trying to sell ANYTHING, period.

Longhorn lied when he said that I was rude to him. I was rude to one person, and that was a friend of mine who had a little too much to drink, acted a fool, and I had to set him straight. Otherwise, we had a great time with so many of our friends and customers.

Bottom line- Lifelong Longhorn is just as shady as his other associates in the traveling spa show. I'm sure they will continue to operate via deceptive sales techniques as long as there are naive customers available for them to fleece. That's fine by me as long as they do not attempt to associate our name with theirs as they have in the past.

Liars, cheats, and scam artists all seem to disappear pretty quickly from these discussions. They register, hide behind their screen names, throw out lies and unsubstantial claims, then slink back under their rock to reappear another day. I've had my say and every word of it is truthful.

Longhorn, IF you were at the Balloon Race....what aircraft was on display at the entrance to the airport?

Can't answer? Here's one more...was our booth on the same side of the runway as the stage or not?

I'll have some pictures of the event to display in a few days when I get more time.

Ya'll have a good day!

Chris Ogden

Longview, TX

I'm getting bored with all of this, so here's the truth:

Lifelong Longhorn's post is a complete lie. He is a dealer of a certain brand located a couple of hours away in Dallas and works with SpaTechSince79 running a traveling spa show in this area.

He never came to "The Balloon Race and Spa Show" as there was no such thing. There WAS the Great Texas Balloon Race and we did have a booth out there with some spas on display, but we were not there to sell any product. We have been sponsors of the show for 8 years and, as such, we are provided with a tent for our comfort. We keep the spas out there to sit in with our customers, drink beer, and maybe hand out some brochures.

I was the only salesperson there the entire weekend. I spoke to 4 people about spas and none of them was Lifelong Longhorn (who I've met and spoken with on 3 previous occasions and would recognize instantly). I gave away 6 brochures in two days. Anyone that was interested in talking about purchasing a spa was told this by me: "We are not selling anything at the Balloon Race. The spas are here for people to enjoy and so that my boss and I can come out here to smoke cigars, drink beer, and get away from our wives. If you're interested in buying a spa, come by the store next week. This is just a party."

One of Lifelong Longhorn's lies was about pricing. We gave out no prices, we had no contracts, and didn't even have pens or calculators. We were not trying to sell ANYTHING, period.

Longhorn lied when he said that I was rude to him. I was rude to one person, and that was a friend of mine who had a little too much to drink, acted a fool, and I had to set him straight. Otherwise, we had a great time with so many of our friends and customers.

Bottom line- Lifelong Longhorn is just as shady as his other associates in the traveling spa show. I'm sure they will continue to operate via deceptive sales techniques as long as there are naive customers available for them to fleece. That's fine by me as long as they do not attempt to associate our name with theirs as they have in the past.

Liars, cheats, and scam artists all seem to disappear pretty quickly from these discussions. They register, hide behind their screen names, throw out lies and unsubstantial claims, then slink back under their rock to reappear another day. I've had my say and every word of it is truthful.

Longhorn, IF you were at the Balloon Race....what aircraft was on display at the entrance to the airport?

Can't answer? Here's one more...was our booth on the same side of the runway as the stage or not?

I'll have some pictures of the event to display in a few days when I get more time.

Ya'll have a good day!

Chris Ogden

Longview, TX

Atta boy Chris! Great post and glad to hear you caught'em in their lies...

See you in Vegas in November!