Info For A New Spa

Hi everyone!

We are currently shopping for a spa (1st time owner) and we hesitate between 3 brands Jacuzzi, Beachcomber and Coast Spa. We need your help because it's very confusing.

The Jacuzzi we're looking at is the 385, Beachcomber is the 580 and the Coast we don't remember as the salesman was a little confusing lol but it's in the same price range as the Jacuzzi 385 (around 9000$).

We want to put our spa on a brand new wooden terrace and a salesman (he Beachcomber one) told us that Jacuzzi will not honorate the warranty if we don't put it on an reinforced concrete structure. Is it true?

Beachcomber is more expensive than the 2 others and it has less water jets than Jacuzzi and especially Coast (around 50 water jets).

The Coast dealer is pretty solid as we already bought a pool there a couple of years ago and is a well-respected longtime dealer but I saw some negative reviews in some threads here.

Very confusing indeed loll

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi everyone!

We are currently shopping for a spa (1st time owner) and we hesitate between 3 brands Jacuzzi, Beachcomber and Coast Spa. We need your help because it's very confusing.

The Jacuzzi we're looking at is the 385, Beachcomber is the 580 and the Coast we don't remember as the salesman was a little confusing lol but it's in the same price range as the Jacuzzi 385 (around 9000$).

We want to put our spa on a brand new wooden terrace and a salesman (he Beachcomber one) told us that Jacuzzi will not honorate the warranty if we don't put it on an reinforced concrete structure. Is it true?

Beachcomber is more expensive than the 2 others and it has less water jets than Jacuzzi and especially Coast (around 50 water jets).

The Coast dealer is pretty solid as we already bought a pool there a couple of years ago and is a well-respected longtime dealer but I saw some negative reviews in some threads here.

They are all good brands. I sell Coast, so I have an obvious bias but if you are comfortable with all 3 dealers, I would let the wet test decide. I also highly doubt that Jacuzzi will not honor the warranty if on a deck. Most manufacturers prefer concrete as it is the most solid foundation but will usually have no problem with a deck as long as it can support a certain weight per sq ft (usually around 150lbs per).

That sounds like total BS about the warranty, shady statement. Wet test them and see which you like best. Brand wise I'd personally rank the Beachcomber and Jacuzzi as pretty close and Coast 3rd though if the dealer seems good to you then that’s a plus. I would ignore things like jet count, its the feel of the wet test that will matter not the number of jets or horsepower (and you can't always trust what is listed anyway).

Ya I agree, don't be fooled by jet count. More is not always better. Actually get into each of the tubs you are considering, even if they are empty, just to get a feel for the tub. Manufacturers all have different seating configurations and you may be surprised that even though 1 may have more jets, it is not a comfortable spa to sit in. For example, very tall people often do not like a Bullfrog because of the low seats and low wall height, where shorter persons do like a Bullfrog for the same reasons.

Good luck.

Hi everyone!

did you ask a JACUZZI dealer? the word is out that BC is spreading bad vibes about the JACUZZI line because there product just does not compare i have seen the report that BC is using to bad mouth JACUZZI and its crap ask yourself do i realy want my spa equipment outside in the weather to rust?as for putting it up on a deck as long as the deck can support the weight no problems the negative threads about coast flaws some come from me(worked on them for 8 years and surreyguy who worked at the factory for 4 years)so be very carefull when touching coast flaws....good luck

Hi everyone!

They are all good brands. I sell Coast, so I have an obvious bias but if you are comfortable with all 3 dealers, I would let the wet test decide. I also highly doubt that Jacuzzi will not honor the warranty if on a deck. Most manufacturers prefer concrete as it is the most solid foundation but will usually have no problem with a deck as long as it can support a certain weight per sq ft (usually around 150lbs per).

yes jacuzzi does honor its warranty on a deck. i see that coast as excluded crazing from its warranty i feel that 9-15k for a tub that may be crazed in the high gloss shell right from the factory only to be told sorry for your luck a little hard to swallow(so did the people that it happened to)i have read many a coast warranty form and now a jacuzzi it would be best for the the buyer to read them not take yours/mine /or anyone else word

I would agree with Spatech on this one,, i have not heard of any manufacturer not covering warranty on structure for being on a deck, Usually if there is a problem it is the dealer to start that process and go to bat for the homeowner, , the dealer sells a manufacturers product but does not work for them,they have to work with them. we had a case wewre we had a problem with a shell, and the manufacturer , drag us along, we as a dealer tookm care of the customer and gave them a brand new tub... so a lot of the weight gets put onto us the dealers. I would agree with the Jacuzzi and the Beachcomber as pretty close, the Coast, but by where you are comfortable with and the tub that fits you the best...