Jandy Cell Cleaning

sc5.4

I know the general rule for cleaning the cell is no more than 30 minutes. Jandy states that you can damage the cell if you don't follow the time/mixture instructions. What inside of the cell gets damaged? What wears out inside them?

OK, so the plates lose their coating over time and if you acid wash them too long. I just don't want to damage mine any more than it already is. I still have the old square 1400 cell and washing it with 4/1 mixture about once a month.

OK, so the plates lose their coating over time and if you acid wash them too long. I just don't want to damage mine any more than it already is. I still have the old square 1400 cell and washing it with 4/1 mixture about once a month.

Is visible scale present when you inspect the cell at cleaning? That seems like a heavy cleaning regimen. Then again, you may have a gunite pool. I inspect my cell just once/year, and it never needs cleaning - but I have a vinyl-lined pool, and keep my CH below 150ppm. No offense, just asking.

I would inspect the cell monthly, and chemical clean only when you can't get build up off with water pressure, service pressure, not a pressure cleaner.

It's more like every other month. There is usually enough build up to need cleaning. I keep the water balanced correctly too.

jkusmier - It is a gunite pool also.

• 1 month later...

When I cleaned the (old style) cell today, I blasted water through it to rinse it out good. After I noticed a noise inside of it when I tipped it back and forth. Kinda like a plate sliding around. I never noticed it before. Is it normal?