La Spa, Heating Problem

914-6

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie on here, having a problem with my LA spa, it is not heating up.

It is fitted with a laing infinity electrical haeter, it is only a couple of years old, and will not go above 22, what is wrong? If it is the heater element --how do I check this? I am not happy with spending £200 on a "stab in the dark" solution.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I THROW IN THE TOWEL.

Fed Up From Andover UK

Is it the spa which is two years old? If so it should be under warranty. When I brought mine there was a three years parts and labour warranty on the heater amongst other things.

Difficult one this, because of the deal I did (no names no pac drill--perfectly legal though) I dont have a warranty. Yes the spa is about 2 years old. .I am more concerned in how to test to see if the heater is gone or is it something else. Any testing method--for the layman(no technical gargon please) will be gratfully recieved.

Thanks

I would first get a voltage indicator and see if you are getting 230V output from the power pack to the heating element.

what is the water starting at temp wise? is your heat indicator light or icon on the topside control panel saying the spa is heating? if it is chances are it is getting voltage. the true test would be to see if it is drawing amperage. any more info you can provide would help

Any testing method--for the layman(no technical gargon please) will be gratfully recieved.

Did you find out what item had developed a fault?

Started at 16.5 now up to 24 but it's taken 4 days. Has heating symbol on display panel. where do I test for power/amperage and with what? as I said "layman"

My reply was for a very basic test.

Rather than going out and buying any equipment to test it yourself it could work out cheaper, and safer, to call a local spa company to send out a person to check everything for you.