Heating Element Wiring?

ADNUP

Hey everyone!

I bought this spa like 1.5 years ago and really never had time to mess with it. I thinks its a Gatsby(I know) but I paid like $100 for it. I ran a 220v out to it. Anyway my problem is the heater, it would get up to about 95 deg but that it. So I bought a new element last year and today decided to put it in. Problem is there is only 1 wire going to it, the other is broken off and nowhere to be found. I think it goes to the same place(next terminal)place. I have added pics to make my poor explanation easier to see...

Here is a close up of the terminal posts and where the one wire goes to

hottub1.jpg

Heres a pic of the spa pack

hottub2.jpg

And here is the old heating element

hottub3.jpg

Any help would be great

It does look like the wire goes exactly where it's mate goes. I don't want to rain on your parade, but it looks like that spa is not digitally controlled, so it would have a mechanical thermostat to control temperature. if the spa went from cold water to 95 degrees it probably is a bad thermostat rather than the heater. How did you determine it was the heater? you can hook that wire up and see what happens, if it does the same thing it's the thermostat