Aqua Rite T-15 Cell Not Generating Chlorine

Had the cell tested at Leslie's and they say it is working.

Suggestions on how to approach diagnosing the issue?

Also I believe I am within the 3 yr warranty period but I do not recall registering my product and not sure what documentation I have. Is it possible for the mfg to know when it was sold by a serial#?

The control panel is Aqua Rite also.

Thanks in advance.

Had the cell tested at Leslie's and they say it is working.

Suggestions on how to approach diagnosing the issue?

Also I believe I am within the 3 yr warranty period but I do not recall registering my product and not sure what documentation I have. Is it possible for the mfg to know when it was sold by a serial#?

The control panel is Aqua Rite also.

Thanks in advance.

What is your CYA reading? The easiest way to determine if it is working is to crack the union at the cell and test the water from there. If it is producing, then you either need ot increase your CYA or something is wrong with your balance. You may want to post your chemistry values, that might help us understand the problem.

look at diagnostics...one thing that jumped out is it is set to AL-3....i have a t-15...is AL-3 correct?

the voltage while chlorinating is 24.4 and the cell is reading 6.18 so it appears to be working

Do i need to change to Al-0 per the manual and how do i do that?

Test the water for Phosphates. If the level is over 200 ppb, it's eating up your chlorine.

look at diagnostics...one thing that jumped out is it is set to AL-3....i have a t-15...is AL-3 correct?

the voltage while chlorinating is 24.4 and the cell is reading 6.18 so it appears to be working

Test the water for Phosphates. If the level is over 200 ppb, it's eating up your chlorine.

If your Aqua-Rite is being controlled by your Aqua Rite Control Panel it should be AL-0. If it is being controlled by other controls it could be set to AL-3. Do you use the dials on the Aqua Rite Control Panel of do you set your % at a remote terminal?

AL-5 emulates a Jandy SWG so I can control it from my Jandy RS8 One touch inside my house.

That might be why you are not generating chlorine, it might be looking at an external source.

To change the value back to AL-0 Push the Diagnositc button until you see AL-3 and cycle the from auto to super chlorinate and back to auto should change it to AL-4, keep repeating until you get to AL-0. I'm pretty sure that is the sequence.

Good Luck

Yes it is definately controlled by the aquarite...i changed it last night and let it run...wife will check it this am. From what I see though is that controller shows that the cell should be producing by the voltage reading. If i still do see chlorine (will have wife take sample from the water feature before it goes in the pool) then i must have cell issue.

Thoughts?

If your Aqua-Rite is being controlled by your Aqua Rite Control Panel it should be AL-0. If it is being controlled by other controls it could be set to AL-3. Do you use the dials on the Aqua Rite Control Panel of do you set your % at a remote terminal?

AL-5 emulates a Jandy SWG so I can control it from my Jandy RS8 One touch inside my house.

That might be why you are not generating chlorine, it might be looking at an external source.

To change the value back to AL-0 Push the Diagnositc button until you see AL-3 and cycle the from auto to super chlorinate and back to auto should change it to AL-4, keep repeating until you get to AL-0. I'm pretty sure that is the sequence.

Good Luck

Does the 3 year warranty apply to the cell also?

So if i am still under 3 years then I should be able to get a tech out to diagnose and fix at no cost? Assuming the problem is due to my negligence or something like that.

Without proof of purchase, the serial number will tell date of manufacturer, and that is when your warranty begins.

Does the 3 year warranty apply to the cell also?

So if i am still under 3 years then I should be able to get a tech out to diagnose and fix at no cost? Assuming the problem is due to my negligence or something like that.

Without proof of purchase, the serial number will tell date of manufacturer, and that is when your warranty begins.

Warranty should be covered, but if you are seeing voltage, then it is producing chlorine. Again, check the water at the cell. loosen one fitting while your running so you get a leak at the cell and test that water, then tighten it back up. As mentioned above, you may have high phosphates which could be consuming your chlorine.

It would also be nice to know what your cyanuric acid level (CYA) is? Without this, your chlorine has no chance!

How long are you running your pump?

Having issues with my T-15 as well. Put in a new PC Board (-pcb- error code wouldn't go away) and before it went out, the T-15 was generating. Now the lights on the PC board are green, however, it doesn't say generating or anything. Is there something I need to set up with a new board? It is plugged in. Or could it be that the T-15 is now out?

Having issues with my T-15 as well. Put in a new PC Board (-pcb- error code wouldn't go away) and before it went out, the T-15 was generating. Now the lights on the PC board are green, however, it doesn't say generating or anything. Is there something I need to set up with a new board? It is plugged in. Or could it be that the T-15 is now out?

What LED's are lite up on your display. What does your display say?