Master Spa Twilight 8.2

I am new to the hot tub scene and am considering purchasing a Master Spa Twilight 8.2 with stereo system and LED ( LED's in jets also ).

I've been reading through this forum and see that Master Spa has what appears to be a "dreadful" service reputation. and that I should make sure I know exactly who would support the spa when it needs repairs. I want to thank everyone for all the information being supplied concerning this. That being said, the company I'd be purchasing from is Hot Tubs Inc ( www.hottubsinc.com ) and I've contacted the owner who has assured me that he or another one of his technicians that work for him would be capable of providing any work required for this spa.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this particular company ? Good or Bad ?

Does anyone have any comments on the Twilight 8.2 Spa ? Good or Bad ?

Is there anything else anyone would recommend I do before purchasing this spa ?

I like the deal I was able to work out on this spa ( which includes, steps, cover, lift, chemicals...... etc ) and I also like the way it looks and how it would "setup" on our patio.........

Thanks for any information anyone is willing to share........

Is there anything else anyone would recommend I do before purchasing this spa ?

Thanks for any information anyone is willing to share........

Having just gone thru the entire - spa selection and purchase cycle over the last few weeks

the biggest thing I can say is WET test the spa if at all possible ...

Buy if from someone that can service it locally.....

Buy one of the WELL known top brands if possible

Looks like your were thinking of buying a spa online....

Do you know some one who has that model and can try it ?

Is there a local place that services that brand?

You may save some money upfront , but you may be paying for that over the next 5 to 10 yrs.....

good luck

Ken

Kenc,

Thanks for the input. I have seen the tub personally and like the looks of it and the aesthetics. The delivery and service will come from Hot Tubs Inc ( located in Maryland ) and I also live in Maryland. So it seems I have local service for the spa. I was more wondering if that would "alleviate" the concerns someone would have with purchasing a "Master" Spa, given all the bad press I've seen on it. We had originally looked at a Dynasty, but liked the looks/features/price of the Master spa better.

Thanks !

Kenc,

Thanks for the input. I have seen the tub personally and like the looks of it and the aesthetics. The delivery and service will come from Hot Tubs Inc ( located in Maryland ) and I also live in Maryland. So it seems I have local service for the spa. I was more wondering if that would "alleviate" the concerns someone would have with purchasing a "Master" Spa, given all the bad press I've seen on it. We had originally looked at a Dynasty, but liked the looks/features/price of the Master spa better.

Thanks !

Quality, manufacturer credibility and energy efficiency (Master will say otherwise of energy efficiency but Master owners so often have this complaint) make Master at the bottom of my personal list. I think there are so many other better options out there.

You ask what you might [re]consider before you buy. I would reconsider the sound and lights in the jets. Our MasterSpa H2X (1300 gals) has lights around the rim not in the jets, but I've noticed that after we show new guests how cool the lights are, changing colors and all that, we turn them off to admire the stars. AND, after we shoot water up everyone's backside, we turn off the jets so we can talk. We passed up the stereo system (damn expensive I thought). We have out-of-the-tub speakers from the house audio. If you're thinking of an audio driven light system, we and friends would tire of that in about 10 minutes (3 tunes).

Each to her own, but what you describe I see as, 1) expensive, 2) first to require maintenance, 3) quickly discounted as a value.

I must admit there was a time in my life I was on match.com and I would have loved to invite every woman over to a throbbing time in the hot tub. But that would only have worked for two dates. By the third date any woman I was interested in would have wanted to turn all that off and talk. But for all that, 'de gustibus non disputandum'

After doing more reading on this site ( and others )I've decided to steer clear of the Master Spa series altogether. Thanks to everyone who responded !

I do have to say, while continuing to search for the right spa, I am still leaning toward getting a sound system and lights.... we have younger children and think we would also enjoy having a sound system to play outside while working around the back yard.......

We're interested in getting one of the larger tubs ( at least 6 people ) .......... the search continues.......

• 4 weeks later...

reflective,

within your research have checked what is available locally. there are many top brands in most marketplaces, that can service you well

you might check into

D1

Hot Springs

Sundance

Jacuzzi

MArquis

just to name a few great spa manufacturers that also have great reputations...

good luck....i am glad you read are discussions on master and others......