No Pressure

ETex2

Just bought a house with an in ground gunnite pool - maybe 10 years old. Pool only, no spa, and there is only one valve. Pump works fine, but there is no pressure. I have cleaned the skimmers, replaced the pressure gauge, the cartridge in the filter, and the o-ring in the filter basket on the advice of the pool supplier. No leaks that I can tell, and the pool holds water. So far - maybe 2-3 pounds of pressure on the gauge and obviously it's not filtering. I'm stumped. I do have to bleed off air at the top of the filter every time I start the pump. Suggestions? Thanks

Just bought a house with an in ground gunnite pool - maybe 10 years old. Pool only, no spa, and there is only one valve. Pump works fine, but there is no pressure. I have cleaned the skimmers, replaced the pressure gauge, the cartridge in the filter, and the o-ring in the filter basket on the advice of the pool supplier. No leaks that I can tell, and the pool holds water. So far - maybe 2-3 pounds of pressure on the gauge and obviously it's not filtering. I'm stumped. I do have to bleed off air at the top of the filter every time I start the pump. Suggestions? Thanks

Could be a clogged impeller in the pump. Is there any water pressure coming out of the returns in the pool? Is the pump basket full of water while running?

If you don't have air in the pump basket and you have bled out the air in the filter, then you shouldn't be getting air out of the returns.

If there is air in the pump basket then it could be an indication of a suction side restriction. That can suck in air into the plumbing and then shoot it out the returns. Make sure all of the valves are set properly and if they are, then you might need to check the lines for blockage.

The pump basket has plenty of water, and there is pressure coming out of the returns, but there seems to be lots of air bubbles as well coming out.

you have air entering the system. check all fittings in front of the pump. valve lids if any, any threaded fitting, pump strainer lid and o ring,look for cracks. When the pump is off how fast does the basket lose the water?

it is not a clogged line.

It's not a two speed pump. Basket no longer loses the water since I added the new o-ring; but there still seems to be some air in there with the circulating water. The labels on the pump are so faded that I doubt I can read them, but I'll give it a shot. It seems to have plenty of power and looks to be about the same size as the one I have on a much bigger pool at my residence (this is an investment property). Thanks