Older 120v Hot Springs Classic Stopped Heating?

giddy169

So I have an older spa and I went to use it the other night and it was cold. The circulating pump is no longer running and my heater isn't warm so it obviously isn't working. The lamp light and jets still work. Has anyone experienced this and if so what part was the problem?

If the circ pump is not working then it will not heat. What year is it? Does it have the two red reset buttons on the side of the black control box? Have you tried to reset them? How old is the circ pump?....it may just be dead.

I am not sure what year it is because it was given to me second hand. It does have the two reset buttons and I have pressed them. I thought it looked like the heater one needed reset but it didn't do anything. I guess I can take the circ pump out and hook it up to a power source to see if it runs.

So I have an older spa and I went to use it the other night and it was cold. The circulating pump is no longer running and my heater isn't warm so it obviously isn't working. The lamp light and jets still work. Has anyone experienced this and if so what part was the problem?

If the circ pump is not working then it will not heat. What year is it? Does it have the two red reset buttons on the side of the black control box? Have you tried to reset them? How old is the circ pump?....it may just be dead.

There is a white tage in the equipment compartment with a serial number. What are the first 3 digits. Also sometime the circ pump will scale up and stop working. If it is a round circ pump (laing or silent flo 5000) you can often take it appart and clean it. Alot of times this will solve the proplem.

I am not sure what year it is because it was given to me second hand. It does have the two reset buttons and I have pressed them. I thought it looked like the heater one needed reset but it didn't do anything. I guess I can take the circ pump out and hook it up to a power source to see if it runs.

There is a white tage in the equipment compartment with a serial number. What are the first 3 digits. Also sometime the circ pump will scale up and stop working. If it is a round circ pump (laing or silent flo 5000) you can often take it appart and clean it. Alot of times this will solve the proplem.

Use a couple of wooden dowel plugs shaved to the right diameter to plug the lines when you dissconect them from the pump. This will prevent a drain and a mess. A Broom stick cut and tapered seems to be the ticket. Might need a couple hose clamps.

Ok so I took out the pump and it seems to run fine. I hooked it back up with no water and it still didn't work. I guess it probably isn't the reset switch either since both have to be hooked up to run the pump and light. What else could it be the thermostat?

also have found wine corks work really well...... i would check your circ pump power also

I hooked the pump up directly to 120 volts without it hooked to the hot tub at all and it ran fine. I was thinking of doing the heater also to make sure it ran. When I hooked it back up to the hot tub electrically neither the heater or circ pump did anything however the light and jet pump does run.

When you took the pump out and ran it did you leave it hooked up electrically to the spa?

If so and then it wouldn't run placing it in position then you need a new pump.

Check voltage to the circ pump - if you have voltage hook the pump up to the spa electrically and set the pump down upright - see if the impeller spins like that - if so then hook it up to the plumbing and see if it will run with water - if not replace the pump.