Neutral Wire?

JCE

yes

Your spa guy is right all of the equipment in 90% of the sundance spas is 220 volt none of it is 110 so it reguires neutral.

Thanks for the reply but you have confused me here.

Yes, the spa is 220v 60 amp. Spa guy is saying the spa DOES NOT require neutral to the GFCI panel.

You are saying above that he is right then you say "sundance spas is 220 volt none of it is 110 so it reguires neutral", which is totally contradictory.

Can you please clarify?

Also, I assume between the GFCI panel box and the 220v 60 amp breaker in my main panel box will require a neutral?

Thanks.

I think James just had a typing malfunction...99.99% sure he meant to say that if there's no 120V needed by the spa, then you *don't* need to bring a white wire from the GFCI spa box to the spa.

Even though this would technically require only a three-wire service (red, black and green), you DO need the white between the disconnect and the main house panel. This is because of the way the GFCI breaker is designed.

Since your GFCI is in the spa subpanel (right way to do it IMO) make sure that the white pigtail on the GFCI breaker is connected to the neutral bus not the ground bus in the spa box. The only place that the neutral and green should connect together is back at the house panel. If you misconnect, not only will it not be safe, but it may trip the GFCI immediately OR generate frequent nuisance trips.

yes

Your spa guy is right all of the equipment in 90% of the sundance spas is 220 volt none of it is 110 so it reguires neutral.

Thanks for the reply but you have confused me here.

Yes, the spa is 220v 60 amp. Spa guy is saying the spa DOES NOT require neutral to the GFCI panel.

You are saying above that he is right then you say "sundance spas is 220 volt none of it is 110 so it reguires neutral", which is totally contradictory.

Can you please clarify?

Also, I assume between the GFCI panel box and the 220v 60 amp breaker in my main panel box will require a neutral?

Thanks.

some spas do not require a nuetral wire. I know Sundance at one time was making some this way.

I think James just had a typing malfunction...99.99% sure he meant to say that if there's no 120V needed by the spa, then you *don't* need to bring a white wire from the GFCI spa box to the spa.

Even though this would technically require only a three-wire service (red, black and green), you DO need the white between the disconnect and the main house panel. This is because of the way the GFCI breaker is designed.

Since your GFCI is in the spa subpanel (right way to do it IMO) make sure that the white pigtail on the GFCI breaker is connected to the neutral bus not the ground bus in the spa box. The only place that the neutral and green should connect together is back at the house panel. If you misconnect, not only will it not be safe, but it may trip the GFCI immediately OR generate frequent nuisance trips.

Thanks for the replies.

The connections from the GFCI panel to the main breaker box should be 2 hots, a neutral, and a ground for sure and I understand that.

The guy at the electric parts house just told me something outta whack me when I bought the box.....he said (insisted) the spa should have 2 hots and a neutral to the GFCI panel, along with a ground. I think he is wrong because of the info on this thread, but hopefully some of y'all can confirm. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

The connections from the GFCI panel to the main breaker box should be 2 hots, a neutral, and a ground for sure and I understand that.

The guy at the electric parts house just told me something outta whack me when I bought the box.....he said (insisted) the spa should have 2 hots and a neutral to the GFCI panel, along with a ground. I think he is wrong because of the info on this thread, but hopefully some of y'all can confirm. Thanks.

Yes it was a typo i meant to say it requires no nuetral no return.